No Meds. I don't want them

I don’t want to take my meds. Every morning I wake up and have to take something but I’m coming to the point where I don’t want to. Where I can’t just force myself. I really don’t want them. But then I come across the moment where I feel off. Down. Or too high. Where I don’t want to do something but at the same time I do.

You should take your meds as prescribed by your doctor. BTW what meds are you on?

1 Like

Maybe try the injections

2 Likes

My GP asked me yesterday if I was on any medications. I said I took antipsychotics for schizophrenia. She turned around, looked me in the eyes and said “whatever you do in life, NEVER stop taking your medication”.

I have not once in my life heard a doctor suggest it’s an acceptable idea to stop taking your meds.

They know what they are talking about. They have seen what happens when we stop taking our meds. Please don’t value your own health so little that you ignore the doctors. Take your meds. If you want a reduction, talk to your doctor.

4 Likes

@Tabbym77 You’re going to end up in the hospital. Please reconsider your thoughts.

2 Likes

Please keep up with your medications! It’s important to your mental health to maintain your meds. You can easily relapse and get worse from not taking meds.

1 Like

Every morning and every night -

Dont you know your not alone? Dont you know WE are not alone?

There a is a million truck- ton of people out there besides those with MI taking medication.

It is given for everything from thyroid to toenail fungus.

Some people even take pills they dont have to. (vitamins)

No one can stop your refusal to use them, but there are mamy here saying that will be a bad idea. I agree with them.

1 Like

I agree with the posts above. Medicament stop is in top 3 thing you should not do if you got sz

1 Like

Thank you. I will take them tonight. I appreciate all you’ve said. I just gets really hard.

1 Like

I found out I can’t make it without med’s, but I don’t like them either.

1 Like

I like my meds. I’ve quit before then had to get back on them. Sounds to me you’re eventually be in the hospital. Been thru that.

1 Like

Talk to your doctor

@Noise fren doesnt take medication too…!!! If u are getting positive symptoms reconsider now…

taking meds sucks.

I sometimes feel i want to stop…

I need to get better routine

1 Like

What do you mean

1 Like

:unamused: I’m not in the mood

For the love of god don’t stop them cold turkey. Take it from someone who’s made that mistake a stupid number of times before learning her lesson.

My best recommendation to people who want to stop taking meds (and are absolutely set on it) is to wean off with your doctor’s help. Most doctors I have found (because I am insanely stubborn) would rather help you wean off then risk you running off and dropping everything yourself cold turkey and then having a mental health crisis on their hands. When you wean off, you lessen the chances of getting withdrawal effects and you can start to see your old symptoms coming back. For most people this serves as a sort of shocking reminder as to why they went on the meds in the first place. I think sometimes we need those reminders.

This is a much better scenario than dropping cold turkey and dealing with extreme withdrawal and rebound effects that can wind you up in the hospital.

1 Like