Nice but poor boyfriend should I keep him?

I met a guy online that I sort of like…he liked me while I was still fat. However he’s extremely poor and can’t support me, so my parents really don’t like him. I started loosing weight and started getting hits from much more big shot guys online. However this guy is nice and sensitive and I don’t want to dump him. It’s just impossible to start a family with him unless I suck it up, go back to school, and get a high paying job. I’m still recovering and not sure I can handle that. What should I do? Keep loosing weight and looking at bigger fish, or keep him?

1 Like

No offense but… if you’re having disparaging thoughts about his social status, maybe you’d both be better off letting him find someone who will love him for who he is.

24 Likes

Then it may not be the best relationship for now. If you don’t think you can support yourself (and someone else if he can’t support himself either!) then I think you should keep looking.

2 Likes

let him go…you obviously want someone who can bring the bacon home which is not a bad thing…you are smart…but do you love this guy? follow your heart.

2 Likes

if you ask that question you obviously don’t like him enough… so spare him the waiting game… just break his heart now…

3 Likes

Wait, you didn’t say whether his “Poor” was a temporary thing, or a permanent thing?
But it don’t really matter if your only looking for a fat wallet instead of a relationship.

1 Like

tough love @csummers… the world could use a ■■■■ load more of that.

1 Like

For richer or for poorer. you should be asking yourself if you’re getting what you need emotionally out of this relationship, not financially. Never a good sign! If it’s your parents making you doubt things then ignore them. It should be about love, not money.

1 Like

I dont see why you should criticize the girl just because she has some preferences that do not match yours. She doesn’t want a poor guy to date with and that shouldn’t imply any immoral or selfish presumption just as the poorness of the guy doesn’t mean he is a bad person.
People. O.o

4 Likes

perhaps we just like our clingy attachment issues…

lucky women… oh I’m just going f*** until I get one who is rich.

Imagine the guy’s perspective. ■■■■ it bros… I’m just going to ■■■■ until I get rich…

one of his bros looks at him and says… “What like guys? You’re going to ■■■■ guys until you get rich.”

Then the man drops his head somber

5 Likes

Huh, being poor means a tough life. There needs to be a certain standard of living for a good life.

1 Like

Absolutely!!!

1 Like

Aww man I’m poor at this time in my life. I’m never going to find someone

The gal suffers enough issues, poverty is one too many

1 Like

There’s more to life than money, and I’m poor as sh*t but that doesn’t mean I live in poverty. Surely if she was in poverty, that would be with or without a man in her life!

1 Like

Then why on earth is she asking if she should “keep” him, knowing already he isn’t going to live up to her and her parents monetary standards?

What is it she’s really asking?

Unsure? Guidance?

Well if your poor and dont live in poverty.

Why? Do you think that is?

I count poverty as living on the street and not being able to eat and I’m extremely grateful. As far as I can see, she has internet access, so she’s not living in poverty…

Being poor means having limited funds, not necessarily limited enjoyment.
Poverty is not just an empty wallet, it’s a hopeless state of living.

Besides, it’s not how much money you make that matters as much as it is how much you spend.

2 Likes