New to Paxil

I just got put on Paxil today. Does anyone here take it and if so does it help? I’m on 40mg once a day

nope, I’ve heard of it though, is it an AD? I think my mom may have been on it, but it was only for a little while.

Works for me 30mg once a day.

1 Like

It is an SSRIs.

1 Like

Good med, very hard to get off though.

1 Like

I was on Paxil. It worked great. It was very difficult to come off of.

I’m currently on Paxil. I don’t feel it much, until I don’t get it. Then I get depressed.

1 Like

It was somewhat effective for me for social anxiety. I took it for years.

As mentioned above, coming off this drug is very hard.

2 Likes

Why’d you stop I wonder @anon1517417?

You know, I can’t really remember. Maybe the doctor wanted me to try something she thought would be more effective.

1 Like

I’m on Paxil. :slight_smile: 20 mg. It lifted me out of some pretty serious depression.

Hope it helps you!

It is one of the best I’ve found. I just can’t get depressed as much as I want to sometimes. It always gently lifts me up, like I naturally should. I don’t think I would have done so well w/o it in the past 18 years. That was my worst problem, but then it just somersaulted from deprivation. My doc said I could take it for the rest of my life and I have increased it twice with my docs’ permission of course. Elavil was good, amoxapine was good, the other one like Paxil levitrol or… in combo with AP- passable. @anon1517417

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.