Neuralink is going to test on humans

8 Likes

This is scary interesting.

6 Likes

Ă€ Schizophrenic in 2030 walks into the pdoc office complaining he has a brainchip. The pdoc has to say: no you have 2.

It could potentially change the world as we know it.

Elon Musk keeps coming with these revolutionary companies. I don’t know how he does it.

9 Likes

He is a risk taker. I will give him that.

6 Likes

That’s scary stuff.

6 Likes

I don’t know what he’s end goal is.

That we are in space with a brain chip driving a Tesla?

9 Likes

I don’t want any chips in my brain so they better stay away from me and my body and being.

6 Likes

Once the technology is fully ready, this is going to cause a spike in brain chip delusions I think.

This article is freaking me a bit out. I used to have a brain chip delusion.

Is our community ready for it?

8 Likes

I don’t like taking medication let alone having something implanted in my brain! Maybe he wants to take over all the populations brains and turn them into his slaves :flushed:!! I may change my mind if it becomes popular and cures schizophrenia I don’t know. If it could make me a genius I might consider it.

6 Likes

a brain is like driving a car…right. but can you auto pilot that brain chip?

4 Likes

Guy goes to the doctor. He has 2 brain implants He asked the doctor what they discovered. The doctor replied. We have good news and bad news. Your original brain netting work no longer exists. Bad news is that if the chimps fail. You’re dead.

2 Likes

No thanks - I’ve seen how badly his cars are built.

3 Likes

That is crazy to say the least. Similar to Mars expedition. We should rather find natural ways for the cure than implants, Machine learning and robotic stuff.

2 Likes

My mom has one and is a fan. Depends on who you ask!

2 Likes

Guy is neurodivergent. Claimed he has Asperger’s syndrome. Before that he claimed he might have bipolar as well. Bit off-kilter.

2 Likes

I have no problem with someone disliking a Tesla. I just wanted to point out that someone I know loves them

1 Like

Yeah you can throw money at things and it’s not necessarily best practice. I totally agree with this statement and would buy an electric from a car company. Lots to be said for practical experience.

2 Likes

I don’t Think Tesla would be the biggest car company by market cap if they were crappy cars. Moreover, my mom and her boyfriend are in the industry. She also has a Nissan Leaf.

1 Like

Scientific research is rarely linear and directed. Mostly result of positive accidents. Chlorpromazine was not synthesized as antipsychotic. It was by accident that doctors found that it can be used to treat psychosis.

Similar thing can come out of such research.

2 Likes

Not trying to start an argument but I worked in the new car industry for years. Just my preference. Yeah there’s some nice things about them but there’s some horrible things about them too. They are an aggressive company but there’s lots of problems with their cars and their attitude to general repairs. Honestly I wouldn’t touch them if I had the coin and you need a lot. Just saying.

2 Likes