Musk claims his brain implant company Neuralink could begin human tests in six months, but experts say the ‘hype is very concerning’

3 Likes

IMO:

The FDA/whatever government entity is responsible needs to stop pussyfooting around and step in.

He put self-driving vehicles on the road without extensive R&D.

He sent people into space with no concern for space agreements and regulations.

…Now he wants to put chips into peoples’ heads.

I get that it’s for the advancement of science and all I guess, but he is a celebrity billionaire with an agenda (as are most of them), and needs to be held to the same standard that anybody else would in these situations.

This is a mix of scientific and technological advancement by way of unchecked capitalism, and is extremely dicey all the ways one looks at it.

7 Likes

I don’t think I want him running my brain like he runs Twitter.

2 Likes

No crap! Is there going to be a paywall just for a person to think about the next day?

This is nuts!

3 Likes

Well bmw put up a paywall for their heated seats. 18 bucks a month or no heated seats lolz its unlocked by software.

Welcome to subscription hell of the future :flushed::scream:

We will one day own nothing and pay for everything :tired_face:

Sincerely,
Sir Level the bear of bad news
:bear: :polar_bear:

5 Likes

Lots of people complaining they’re being inundated with tweets on their timeline by decidedly r/w people.

3 Likes

Let’s cure schizophrenia where people think there are chips in their brain by implanting chips in their brain. Brilliant.

4 Likes

9 Likes

3 Likes

The more I’m hearing about Musk, the less I like him. No offense.

2 Likes

I can’t get the article to open. I have internet. What’s the scoop on this?

Okay. I got it opened now

1 Like

sounds like the mark of the beast to me.

They mention schizophrenia but don’t say how it would work. Making blind people see would be cool. But it says paralyzed people could control things with their mind. If they could walk again that would be something. Well it’s still something.

I hope to hear more about this.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.