Netflix hit ‘The Irishman’ marks a turning point for how Oscar-caliber movies are distributed, and could speed the demise of movie theaters

3 Likes

I will admit to going to the theaters less as the years have gone by. Willing to wait til I can get movies at home.

Actually just watched the first half of the Irishman last night and had a blast. Comfy PJ’s, all my snacks, family, dogs. We made it a special movie night and it was great.

I’m not big on leaving the house sometimes, so this just seems easier for me. I’m enjoying it this way. Seems others are too

1 Like

Ive been tempted for days to renew my netflix subscription. This is a great reason why i should. I need a good film to watch tonight. Thanks.

1 Like

If you do try Stranger Things if you have not done so already, I really like the 80’s themes and the story is really cool with the sci-fi horror

1 Like

Thanks - i will have a look, im just hunting for the credit card - cos ive hidden it too well! lol.

1 Like

I have had Netflix for years. We get the 11.99 version where you can watch up to 4 screens, and I share the password and cost with my sister and nan.

1 Like

Yeah i shared mine with my brother but i cancelled it and went to nowtv - but after realising alot of it was reality tv “pants” im going back to netflix.

1 Like

I have never liked theatres because people. Streaming media and a 60 inch TV work for me.

Edit: Have tried watching The Irishwhatever 3x. Have fallen asleep 3x. Incredibly boring.

2 Likes

Just tried watching The Irishman, it was a pretty boring film. Not sure why it is so highly rated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.