Neighbour feeds the birds

And I can sit and watch them from my livingroom window. Two magpies were down today. I think magpies are pretty

7 Likes

The saying goes if you see one magpie you’ll exeperience sorrow, two for joy, if you see theee you’ll have a baby girl, and four for a boy

2 Likes

Yeah I live by that saying too. Lucky for me there were two of them today

1 Like

Me too. I always see one when I’m out and about in the farm

1 Like

I heard if you say ‘hello mr magpie, where are all your friends today?’ to a single magpie it turns the sorrow into joy

1 Like

Haha. I heard that your supposed to salute them when you see them. :joy: crazy shiit

2 Likes

Oh yeah I salute them whilst saying that

2 Likes

do they put food on the grass? I don’t mean to be nasty but that’s what brings rats into your home ? I get so mad at mum for doing it

1 Like

Yes salute them, it drives me mad but gotta do it

1 Like

You are right @anon80629714. My mum said the same thing

1 Like

I’ve been noticing so many green pparakeets too.

1 Like

We don’t get them up here. I read they have been breeding in the south east for like 100 years

1 Like

You can hand feed them right?

1 Like

we feed the birds and squirrel and quail on ground and on deck. hungry buggers.

1 Like

i wonder if you can make magpie pie, i wonder what it tastes like, probably minging but nm, i heard they can be pretty vicious and they’ll like kill other birds and stuff, i like them bc i feel they are brave against the gulls and bigger birds, but yeah i heard that.

I had to Google what saluting the magpie was all about. :smiley:

2 Likes

Don’t you people have magpies that attack you? Breeding season over here the Maggies get terratorial as all get out and swoop on anyone near their nest. It’s a nasty thing to happen and they often cause damage to us humans…

Do a youtube search on magpie attacks. Seriously. It’s not much fun…saying that. At the cricket club we mow and it attracts the magpies. I think they eat the bugs and smaller critters that the ride on shoots out. The magpies will dive bomb dogs and other people but they leave us workers alone…Magpies…a very angry bird over here.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yes @Moonbeam . These bloody birds are horrible. I’ve been cut and bleeding back when a kid trying to get to the shop to buy an ice cream. They aren’t the nice birds your promoting here. Angry birds. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In the UK magpies are as timid as they come, they would never attack you.

3 Likes