Need some love and reassurance

I’m just depressed tonight. I should probably go od on ativan and sleep for the next day.

If you are feeling suicidal, please tell someone — a friend or family member, a teacher, a doctor or therapist or call 911 (if you’re in the U.S.) or the Emergency Medical Services phone number in your country.

You can also call a suicide prevention hotline—these are available in the U.S. and in many other countries.

International suicide hotlines:

Suicide hotlines in the U.S.:

More resources:

Not suicidal. Just would really like a light coma.

You don’t know what will be the difference between the two if you OD. You might ■■■■ up and leave little LED without you to help her.

1 Like

I’m 99% sure I can’t die, though, so I’m not really worried.

That’s a huge risk. Please text 741741 and just talk to a crisis counselor

1 Like

Medical advances are being made all the time; just in hang in there and one day this problem will seem trivial to solve!

1 Like

I tried the crisis text line. Super useless.

Hey @LED, I love you and your posts and your caring about me. I can remember wanting to be knocked out like you say “a light coma” and then realized that I was already pretty much knocked out or I would have been more resourceful about myself. Hang in here, gal pal. You’ve got this.

1 Like

@LED I feel like you post about this not being able to die business when you start getting delusional. I mean, that is a delusion. A dangerous one. Maybe you should call someone.

3 Likes

I think I’d educate my kids to be med compliant and seek out treatment early if they happen to develop sz. I don’t think it’s that painful. Both of my friends with sz go to work and school. Another kid I know now attends clubhouse everyday. I wouldn’t mind it! I just wouldn’t want them to be psychotic for any longer than a few weeks… it’s possible to live a very good life. My mom is displeased with me, but I feel very good about my life right now. And I agree with @Ninjastar that you can’t predict the future. Sometimes I feel I’ve hit both jackpot and bankrupt on the life “wheel”. All you can do is teach resiliency when things go wrong.

2 Likes

Maybe you’re right. My meds have been slowly working less and less lately. My health, specifically this intractable migraine, has been a big source of stress. And then all this today. It’s just a lot to deal with. I don’t know. Maybe you’re right. Maybe I am delusional. But I’ve tried many times before and I’m always fine. I don’t think it’s a delusion.

I don’t know. I think a lot of people who commit suicide have a history of suicide attempts. It doesn’t mean you can’t die, it just means you haven’t died yet.

2 Likes

In any case, hearing you talk like that was a bit of a red flag. So is the less effective meds. I feel like those are familiar signs. Is Mr. LED pretty good at being attuned to when you might need some help?

2 Likes

Yeah, after you brought it up I mentioned it to them.

I don’t know. I’m feeling even worse now than before I texted that stupid crisis line. They just made me feel worse. I never should have bothered.

It’s like I spilled my guts as much as I could begging for help and all I got was platitudes.

Like, seriously. Wth is this? And it was several minutes between each reply, which just made me feel worse to begin with. Ugh. I don’t know. Maybe it’s not as bad as I feel like it is, but the whole conversation was just really frustrating.

Oh geez. That reads like a hostage negotiation.

Are there like, real people you can call? Something like the crisis text line but where you can hear a person’s voice and know that you’re not talking to a robot?

1 Like

I’m sure there are, but I’m paranoid of phone calls. I don’t do well when I have to talk on the phone. I go downhill fast.

Yeah, I was just thinking after I posted that I’d much rather text with someone than have to talk on the phone.

So did they send you the coping mechanisms?