How do you really feel about your children? And if you don't have them, how do you feel about that?

Tell me your honest feelings about parenting,

And if you don’t have kids,

Tell me why.

I appreciate your answers.

3 Likes

i don’t have kids. wanted them for awhile, but now im relieved i don’t have any. it would have it’s good moments but it would be a work sentence for me to provide for them. i have nieces and nephews who are growing up and i enjoy their company though.

i think my kids living in poverty and me stressed out working all the time are my biggest reasons for not having any kids.

and im currently celibate. so no worries.

also i was very awkward around kids when i was younger. i didn’t like the pressure of being a mentor or role model, and engaging with them. it’s not until the last few years i’ve been comfortable around kids.

2 Likes

I don’t have children. My reasons for not having them has changed throughout the years.

But it was always like my intuition/sixth sense telling me not to have them which I would try to rationalize.

Given how things turned out I now kiss the ground everyday that I don’t have kids.

I wouldn’t be able to take care of children.

Families are a bad idea for some people.

2 Likes

My gf asked me many times to not take her contraceptive pills to get pregnant. I refused, I was too young. It was b4 my sz. Now I see it as good luck given that now I have severe negative symptoms staying in bed all day everyday. I would have given my baby to an orphanage as I have no money and can barely take care of myself.

3 Likes

Tbh? I love my kids but I am so tired. The constant arguing, whining, and straight up misbehaving wears on me. And then you have school stuff to deal with and doctor stuff.

Its a lot. But I have 5 kids at home so it’s more overwhelming than just one or two.

6 Likes

I’m still awkward around kids, but I don’t think they hold it against me. I’ve never had kids. Mental illness and alcoholism kept me from getting the means to support kids. Sometimes I wish I’d had kids, but then again, I escaped a lot of worry when I didn’t have kids. Kids are exposed to so much more these days than they were when I was a kid. It is like they are growing up in a different world. Drugs and sex are so much more prevalent today than they were when I grew up.

2 Likes

I honestly am glad the hard part of parenting is over with. I sometimes get overwhelmed with the grandkids and wish I didn’t have to help so much but my son in law needs the support and you do what you have to do. I adore my son and don’t think he could have turned out any better. He is respectful and conscientious and an overall good person. My daughter is rough around the edges and has a lot to learn. She needs to get help for her mental health issues but is reluctant to follow through with it as is the case a lot of the times.

3 Likes

I don’t have kids but that’s not because I don’t want them. I feel I would really regret not having a child. I’m trying to get pregnant.

3 Likes

Good luck!

Be patient with yourself, I’m sure it’ll happen.

2 Likes

Thanks 151515151515

1 Like

I never wanted kids and still don’t

It’s been hard convincing my husband I can’t cope with kids and sza and his epilepsy at same time. Fortunately he understands now!

I’m glad I never fell pregnant. I don’t understand how any woman would want to put herself through such suffering. But that’s just me… if everyone was like me the human race would go extinct within hundred years lol! :laughing:

2 Likes

I always thought I wanted a bunch of kids, like 4 or 5. As I got older, I realized a few things. First, the idea of pregnancy is horrifying. Second, I only have so much energy to give, and the more kids I have, the thinner it will be spread. Third, I love sleep. I decided to become a foster parent, and I am glad I did. I was able to help out 4 great kids, and am in the process of adopting one. I swear, it’s like I built Starlet in a lab. He is exactly the type of person I hoped to have as a child. I think he is the best of all possible humans.

I have always been very good with kids, to the point that when my friends are over and their kids are misbehaving, they send me in to handle it. I’m very good at getting kids to behave. They just think I’m super cool, and really want to impress me. But, as I’ve found out through fostering, this superpower only works on kids who don’t live with me.

6 Likes

My kid is a no limits soldier, but I love him for it

1 Like

I wish that every person about to have heterosexual sex, or considering adopting a kid would spend 1 month (while a responsible person monitored) taking care of kids first. I would include kids of every type there is from the most to least capable. I also would want that person to spend as much money as the average family spends on a child while they were doing it. I chose not to have kids because I never was able to achieve gainful employment, I had a potentially heritable and very terrible disorder, and I didn’t have the stamina to keep up with the kids I did watch over for the brief times I did. It’s that simple really.

2 Likes

Parenting children while I have my own challenges can be difficult. My kids are entering puberty now so it’s a whole new phase. I went off my meds in 2014 and they were taken away from me for awhile. I will forever be playing catch up and trying to make up for being absent when they were younger. I love being back living with them full time because I adore them.

2 Likes

My son is my world. But he is grown now.

3 Likes

My daughter is so much like her father, it’s hard for us to get along. I didn’t realize he was so different from me. I keep waiting for my genes to show, but mostly her dad.

3 Likes

When I help raise my nephew with my parents and sister. I didn’t want to stress him like the stress that I think triggers me. I love when they get out of diapers till they start 13. When I had to worry about sex drugs and gangs and my nephew getting violent towards his stepfather it was very hard. He is doing well now at the age of 25. I let him have his own life completely to his self. My mother and father still trying to control him because of the girlfriend he has right now but they don’t really like. But he is very happy love seeing him happy.I’ve always wanted my own kids but now I’m fine without any of my own. I am 50 now. I went through that midlife crisis and and I have excepted that I will never have kids of my own.

1 Like

My children are my life! When they were really young it was tough but once they were school age it was wonderful! They are turning into such amazing young adults! I’m so proud of them! I love them so much!

4 Likes

No kids for me, I don’t want to spread sz to another. But fur babies are good.

3 Likes