Naming voices

I started calling my voices by their names. I was afraid to do it before because I thought it might give them more power over me, but it’s actually made them seem less ‘scary’ and more manageable. Does anyone else do this?

1 Like

My voices are based on real people, although I have never met them. I only have seen them on Facebook. I wonder what they would think about the fact that their voices torment me in my mind? I think your idea sounds like a good plan. When I was not feeling as well as I do now, I was afraid to talk back to them. It only seemed to agitate them. I am less tormented now that I am on Vraylar. It is working for me.

1 Like

I call my voices by their names. It helps people who know which ones are bad (which are most of them) know that I’m hearing bad ones just by me saying their name.

1 Like

I’ve had voices of real people too. I would love to know what they think but I’m too scared to ask :joy:

Have any of your voices told you their names? Two of mine did but they were still based on real people or things…it helps me communicate with my psych helpers (I don’t have a provider at this time) cuz they know which voices give me a hard time cuz they know the named ones give commands and the unnamed ones are more benign. There’s Tenzin Gyatso and Argentum-61.

1 Like

Mine named themselves

2 Likes

I’ve only had one tell me her name (how I know she was a real person). The rest didn’t tell me their names, I just sort of knew them. You know how in a dream you’ll just sort of know things to be true?

1 Like

Glad to hear the Vraylar is helping :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m really glad Vraylar is working for you…its SO expensive! It made me constantly wanting to eat and obsessing about food so I had to stop it…I didn’t want to go back to my former life over 300 pounds. Does it give you insatiable hunger, too?

2 Likes

I’ve given up trying to negotiate with them. I just medicate with Niacin every 2 hours or so, with one 3mg Paliperidone at night, keeps them quiet.

2 Likes

Thank you @WhiteRaven! I agree about the appetite situation. I keep gaining weight. It is like Xyprexa for me. I am overeating and gaining weight. I don’t know of a better med though. I am going to talk to my doctor about it.

1 Like

Lately this phrase worked somewhat for me with my voices e.g. ‘That’s so sad … I will end up being even more miserable’ (e.g. than I’m now am) when a voice goes like: ‘you f*cked up immensely’

1 Like

My new phrase is “shut up… now’s not the time” :joy:

4 Likes

Thank you @anon2818416!

1 Like

I named most of them, retard or idiot, because it’s so annoying how stupid alot of them seem

2 Likes

Did you hear the voices before or did your mind just make up what they sound like.

No I made up in my mind what they sound like. LOL

1 Like

She told me her name, and then I looked her up and found out she was real.

1 Like

Yes that is crazy. The voices told me that they were hexing me and then after the fact I went to Federica’s Pinterest page which is dedicated Santeria and Voodoo stuff. She used to have a eHOW link on making voodoo dolls. That just freaked me out!

1 Like

I’m gonna stop myself before I get modded again :sweat_smile: but yeah that is really freaky!!

2 Likes