My worst paranoia about this forum

Is surprisingly nothing to do with all the selfies I’ve posted or my identity revealed. That doesn’t freak me out?!??!! But rather I worry the mods can see what I’m writing before I press enter.

And trust me, if you’ve seen some of my posts AFTER I press enter. Well you don’t wanna see the ones I don’t press enter on.

@Ninjastar assure me this I just a delusion. I developed this belief about a year ago but never mention it till now.

1 Like

Omf dude.

I had the exact same thing lol

Wuuuuuuuut thats crazy coincedence

2 Likes

We can’t see posts as they’re being typed. That would require incredibly more bandwidth than we currently have, and it would be a useless feature. It would just create more work for us to moderate something that might not even see the light of day.

If you post something and then delete it right away, we can see the deleted post. But if you edit it within the five minute edit window, or edit a flagged post within the ten minute edit window, nobody, not even @SzAdmin can see the original post. Also, if you edit the flagged post, the flag disappears from your record.

3 Likes

I think I once saw you say “we can see it all” and I exaggerated that. Thanks for easing my mind I’m glad I made this thread now lol.

1 Like

Mind if I move this to meta, since it talks about site functions?

1 Like

Go for it my friend.

1 Like

The flag dissapears from your record if u edit it?

Believe me, I don’t want the posts I type out and then delete to be read, either. Sometimes I write things out and then delete them just because the act of typing calms me down and helps me process.

My worst paranoia’s about this forum are that my pdoc reads my posts and knows who I am, and also that everyone on this site hates me.

2 Likes

I’m impressed by discourse features to be honest. It seems the technology is the best thought out forum software in the history of forums. Now I know why it’s expensive to run discourse. Definitely worth it though. This forum wouldn’t be the same without this incredible technology. The next best forums I ever used was espn forums before they shut them down. Omg those forums were so awesome. Too bad I was probably schizophrenic given I HAD to troll in every post that I made. It was delusional imo to do that. I started to calm down at 18 years old before quitting my internet identity at 19. Before coming back and telling everyone my real identity. Which resulted in a lot of scrutiny and hate. But those espn forums…were intelligently made as well. Just messed me up for a while.

Nobody hates you we’re all just schizophrenic so our paranoias clash at times. I’m pretty sure a few members dislike me. But I don’t think anyone hates you @SkinnyMe

3 Likes

Thank you, @Jonnybegood.

1 Like

I like you both

1 Like

Do you like Billie eilish @Ninjastar

I think her songs and videos are cool and she’s like 17 years old. She has potential to be a big star. Well she already is. I’m not a huge pop fan but I know talent and presentation when I see it.

I’m old. I haven’t heard any of the new music out. I stick to my 90’s era punk rock and folk, mostly.

Oh really?? Because she made a song called Bad Guy where she says “I’m the bad guy”. That’s where I thought you got your tag line from. I honestly think you’d like her if you wanted to check it out. It’s kind of emo-pop stuff. It knocked lil nas x off the #1 spot on billboard that’s why I heard it. I’m gonna go talk to my dad ttys.

1 Like
3 Likes

Absolutely wonderful!!!

1 Like

never had that thought, but my worst is when new people come on here

they aren’t true sz’ics, but make up stories to mock us,
but this really only happened a lot on the old forum.

2 Likes

My worst paranoia about this forum is that everybody is a sane actor without sz

3 Likes