My university daughter came over

What a great hour that was!
:woman_scientist::woman_technologist::mortar_board::rugby_football::school::books::open_book::pen::triangular_ruler:

8 Likes

Coolio. Do you get to see her often?

1 Like

About once a week on weekends

1 Like

My college student daughter doesn’t care about me and my 8 year old son called my ex husband a “crackhead” something or other. He’s grounded. Do you learn to call your dad a crackhead in elementary school?

He’s getting into trouble a lot. Last week he was grounded for being disrespectful to his stepmom. They’ve got him on ADHD meds. Idk

His stepmom can be mean

I’m so sorry, @Loke! Your daughter’s an adult, so hopefully she’ll mature and come around. Your son sounds like he’s crying out for help. Does he get counseling,

No counseling that I’ve been made aware of. His father has custody and lived 2 hours away. As I don’t have a car or license I don’t see him often

1 Like

That must be difficult. My heart goes out to you. :heartpulse: I bet your son misses you. Sometimes kids misbehave as a way to get attention, and to ask for help.
I hope you get to see him before too much longer. And I hope he gets some help and guidance.

1 Like

I might ask my dad to take me to where they live to see him

1 Like

This makes me sad

1 Like

That would be so awesome. You’re a lovely person, from everything I’ve seen you write on here. Your son will benefit from any time he gets with his mom, I believe.
I went through a long and ugly custody battle with my abusive ex. It’s heartbreaking for everyone involved.
I hope you do go and have a great visit. The more your son knows that the adults in his life love him and care, the more secure he can feel. God bless you both.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.