My Sz friend tried NMN

I might have to give it a try. Just on days where I’m really slogged and I need to work

2 Likes

Mine has arrived too. But I dare not try it because my sleep pattern is not stable at the moment as I am quiting a sleep-aid. I heard NMN may make you wake up earlier. So I may try it later when my sleep pattern is stable.

2 Likes

How long did the effect last? How did you feel when it wore off?

1 Like

The effects lasted about 6 hours. I was relieved when it wore off.

2 Likes

That is vitamin b3 basically. Niacin. Ortho meds.

I depend on them, part of my small stack that weaned me off APs.

1 Like

So all day today (i.e. the following day) I’ve had a tightness in my chest. Maybe this stuff interacts with Abilify.

My advice if you’re trying it , is to take 1 pill and leave it for a few days to see how it affects you.

2 Likes

I took tons of niacin. It never gave me any energy boost though

1 Like

I take 100mg NMN twice daily with clopixol. Clopixol is sedating so the NMN might not suit an activating drug such as Abilify. I find it mildly activating but my negs without it are pretty severe. Maybe try 50mg dose. The effect is fairly dose related.

2 Likes

Yes, I think it’s a no go with Abilify. I still have slight chest tightness today, nowhere near as bad as yesterday though.

So I tried this nmn stuff by Jarrow. I’ve taken one a day for like 3 weeks. And I also tried taking like up to 1 gram of it.

I didn’t notice any help from it.

I also tried L-dopa in various doses over the last few weeks and noticed nothing as well.

1 Like

Did Abilify improve your negative symptoms? It did for me. My guess is that only few people benefit from dopamine for their negative symptoms. We all have different brains. Just like how Zyprexa worked for ppl here but not for me. Eventhough studies say Zyprexa is more effective than my Risperdal, Zyprexa didn’t do ■■■■ for my psychosis.

1 Like

How many mg did you take? I took 7x 60mg pills so 420mg. Its 15% Ldopa of 400mg Mucuna/pill. I should try the 99% Ldopa but I am afraid of psychosis, 420mg one shot Ldopa made me hear voices.

1 Like

I never tried ability yet

1 Like

I tried up to 800mg of ldopa. It was from now vitamins

1 Like

I find sarcosine helps me a fair bit. So I think my negatives possibly revolve around being a glutamate issue.

Are you sure? The dosage on the bottle is the mg of Mucuna not Ldopa. How many pills did you take? Whats tge concentration of the Ldopa in your extract?

1 Like

I tried 12 pills
It says 2 pills = 120mg ldopa

1 Like

Same as mine? How did you take 800mg if every pill is 60mg Ldopa? You took 13.333 pill?

1 Like

Yeah almost 13 lol

1 Like

I guess it doesn’t work for everybody. For me it works everytime but makes me psychotic. Maybe it works for me bcz Abilify worked for me.

1 Like