My schizophrenia make me feel like a bad person

I’m constantly thinking I am a bad person off the meds because I have lashed out or that I am a criminal because I am a bad person. I have to double check what i say and do because i worry that I will get in to big trouble. I feel worthless every day and dont want to face anything because I’m a bad person And I dont want to feel like this anymore.

But what makes you think you’re a bad person?

Oh you said,

But you’re not a criminal are you?

maybe check this out:

Compassion-focused therapy - Wikipedia

1 Like

No I’m not but I feel like one because of the intrusive thoughts I have

1 Like

I am like you in fact :confused: I have bad thoughts, i would never act on them, but i have the same thinking as you, mostly when i socialize…
Idk, i hope our meds will lift us on this. Stay strong, its a big pain to live yourself like this, i know it too.

2 Likes

Yeah tell me about it. I just feel terrible all the time when I’m off my meds i want to be normal off them though because I feel like my life is worthless when I’m on meds

No, its not worthless. Think of all other physical disabled persons who need meds and make their lives still…
If you feel better on the meds, stick with them. The sz is like the diabetes, dear, we need meds, its not a big deal. You can be happy even with this problem…
Well, for me, my mom tells me all the time, that i dont behave properly, so i am burdened on this. She doesnt understand that all these lectures are way too much for me sometimes. Later on, i feel as a bad person too, cause i am not good enough to her and to even my friends. Well, its mostly my pain, who makes me act awkwardly so i probably am terrible with the people around me… But we should keep in mind, that to live ourselves as bad, is just a suffering… Maybe the cure against it, is to love ourselves more and just try to pull our heads out of the hole.
Hugs

1 Like

Yeah I guess so but I just feel like I cant do what everyone else can do. I miss doing art and crochet and now I’m too tired.but I hope that one day I’ll be okay

Maybe its your sedation now… Usually, it wears off with time and you get used to it :slight_smile: Try coffee too if you dont have side effects from it…
Do you still get the feeling, that you are a bad person even on meds? I know this very well and it hurts a lot, i know :pensive: I guess its a bit of paranoia, what the others think on this, i am interested?

Someone once said “be kind to your mind”!
:wink:

First you need to find the best medication. Could take some time. It seems to me that you aren’t very functional yet (intrusive thoughts, extreme tiredness).
Then comes therapy. Slowly pruning out negative thought patterns. All that while spending your days doing mostly what you like.
Then you’ll gradually feel worthy and you will enjoy life again. You’ll still have limitations but you won’t feel guilty anymore.

1 Like

A little bit more so when its wearing off or when have intrusive thoughts. I just wish I could be normal and not be so affected by bad things. Yeah it probably is like once we got robbed and I couldnt stop thinking about it like maybe it was my fault.

Yeah I suppose so. I may just ask my doc if I can go on a different med and see how i go yeah i suppose so.

1 Like

yea i think i’m a bad person too… i killed my teacher in secondary school with my mind cause he bullied me… and later i killed my grandmom with my mind cause she had touched me in a bad way…

Do you really believe that you killed them with your mind still?
That’s quite the superpower.

1 Like

yea i know i did that… it makes me feel bad a lot cause i know my mum misses her mom.

I’m sometimes scared to have bad thoughts cause i think it will come true.

it’s like when i had a lot of voices still telling to kill people and i was struggling so hard with it cause i thought it would come true… I’m glad i don’t have many voices like that anymore.

1 Like

I’m not sure if it is possible to kill people with only your mind.

Sorry about the bad things that happened to you.

It’s natural to feel upset.

I get upset too. It’s human.

1 Like

thank you @anon66864989

i’m glad i don’t have to get upset too much anymore now… but sometimes it’s hard to let the past be what it is… but i do my best to not dwell on the past and the far away future too much anymore.

1 Like

Off meds I become a bad person technically but I still feel remorse. On meds I am always a good person.

2 Likes