My report on L - theanine so far

I have been taking L- theanine for three weeks now. It is having some marked effects. I’m sleeping more, which is good in some respects, but not good in others. I’m finding this supplement about as strong as an atypical antipsychotic. Due to a fluke I only got half the Geodon I was supposed to get this week, so I take Geodon in the morning and not at night. I don’t feel any resurgent psychosis or other mental illness. Because of the L- theanine I don’t miss the Geodon. (I do plan to get back on my regular dose of Geodon as soon as it is available. I’ll probably sleep a lot more.) Another, stranger effect of L - theanine is that it feels like it is loosening up my connective tissue. I’ve heard that when we become adults a lot of our connective tissue hardens and becomes inflexible. If it can loosen up my connective tissue it will be some trick.

2 Likes

Is it making you less anxious?

1 Like

Yes. I’d say it is. This supplement doesn’t solve every problem, but I do feel like it helps me. Of course, we all know that the same med. can affect people differently, but I’d say this one is worth a try.

1 Like

I love the sound of sleeping more! Maybe I should try it!

1 Like

Good for you @crimby. Glad something is working in place of the geodon for the time being

1 Like

does l-theanine stop akathisia in larger doses? will it last me few working hours?

i just took 400mg it makes me more wake, i feel my legs lighter i think now

The same med. can affect different people differently. I think the optimal dose is 250 mg. I can only speak from my experience, and all I can say is that this med. gives me some hope for a better life. It might not help me pick up chicks on the street, but it does help me. I recommend that you give this supplement a good chance, but only you can say if it is helping you.

1 Like

it helps indeed but only at 400mg, both for akathisia and sleep, i might try to work again with the help of l-theanine but does it last for hours ?

suntheanine has good quality

2 Likes

do it, i had two very pleasurable naps during the day i take it with akineton i dont feel abilify induced restlessness.

1 Like

It works like that for me.

1 Like

Theanine knocks me off like nothing. Probably because of pregabalin i take.