Schizophrenia.com

Has L-theanine helped you?

Please tell me your experiences with L-theanine.

1 Like

Nope biggest waste of money ever

I’d give it a fairly high score as a sleep aid.

it relaxed my body for the first couple of weeks. I was on 400mg, but then I stopped feeling its effects and have stopped taking it

1 Like

How does it compare to pharmasutical sleep aids? Also does it help with anxiety like a benzo or is it more like vistral?

I think it’s better than a pharmaceutical sleep aid. Better than Melatonin. No bad dreams or anything.

1 Like

I’m not on benzos, but anxiety wise it doesn’t do much. Paired with caffeine it helps me focus.

1 Like

It’s helped me counteract abilify induced anxiety. I take a lot of it though. I’d probably be on benzos (or off abilify) if I wasn’t taking it.

1 Like

It makes me worse. I actually hate it but a lot of people like it.

1 Like

Makes me worse as well. At first I liked the initial feeling it gave but now I don’t. In high doses it’s similiar to an orgasm; just flooding your system with dopamine. At a low dose it doesn’t really do anything. But that’s just my experience

2 Likes

It did nothing for me.

1 Like

Made me depressed.

1 Like

It has a mild relaxing affect on me and has improved my sleep quality slightly. It has been somewhat effective in reducing positive symptoms and I have not had any noticeable unwanted side affects from it.

I recommend it to anyone who is having difficulty relaxing or would like to reduce positive symptoms. It is not a miracle drug but it does have a noticeable effect.

NAC is another supplement that has seemingly helped the overall function of my brain.

1 Like

I was slow on this - here is a poll that was done quite a while ago (please vote if you haven’t done so):

1 Like