My new puppy pug pics

Picked up my new puppy today. Her name is Bella. She is settling in her new home. She is making me very happy.

48 Likes

So cute! I wish I could have a dog :frowning:
All I get is a cat.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Nice pug… i like it…!!!

1 Like

I like cats too! Thanks she is adorable. I am so lucky to have her it’s been a hectic weekend getting my house prepared and had to also sign new form of agreement to have a pet !

1 Like

I love her!!! Give her a treat and a pat from me!! :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh my goodness. Bella is adorable. Congratulations on your new baby!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I will. 1515151

1 Like

What a cute puppy. I was also thinking of getting a pug, but I really can’t afford one right now. They are beautiful animals. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

How cute @Qwerty!
Bella is adorable!
Reminds me of my Pug when he was a pup!

3 Likes

Hey @Wave wave. Since you had yours also from a pup doyou have any advice on getting the pup to use the puppy pads to toilet. So far today I managed to get her to use puppy pads twice but twice has gone in my living room (currently restricted to living room area)

She can’t go out for another week due to vaccinations so I can’t take her out each hour or two and wait for her to go outside.

How long did it take you to toilet train ?

1 Like

Pugs are not the easiest to potty train.
I use a crate for the first year or so.
This helps with potty training.

@Qwerty

You can go online and get info on crate training.

1 Like

Thanks wave. I do have a crate for her. Hopefully it shall work. I heard pugs are hard to train. I am planning to get up during the night as puppies can’t hold their pee in so long. So I suspect not good sleep for me over the coming weeks but my mum has offered to help out the occasionsal afternoons to let me get a good nap in!

2 Likes

Pugs are quite sensitive.
They don’t take to harsh or aggressive training methods.
They respond to food based reward methods best!

Good luck @Qwerty!

3 Likes

I am really bonding with her @Wave

no harsh training I want everything to be perfect for my little pug. Got lot of treats for her as rewards.

She did very well last night I woke up during the night to let her wee and she went right away on her pads. The only person who kept me awake last night was me worrying about everything lol. She slept right through lol.

I’ve just come down here at 5 am this morning as my sleep is not good but it’s the first night and she is as good as can be still upstairs. I am getting her up in an hour.

2 Likes

I wish I have a dog…

1 Like

It is something I’ve wanted for ages @justann first I had to get permission from my landlord. Then had to find a dog. I got so nervous about taking a dog on cause I’ve had one along time ago. Big responsibility but they light up your world.

I hope you get a dog. They are worth it!

2 Likes

@Wave also compared to my dog in the past. She is very different in regards to liking human company. She likes to be by my side ALOT rather than in her own company. She will sleep curled up to me. Like lots of hugs. (Heard this about pugs which is one reason I got one)

Regarding playful she is a little playful but not as mad as I thought she may be. My sister has a cockerpoo puppy which has mad do’s around the house all the time but I have yet to see her do this. She has just been a bit playful and very content with a chew and being next to me.

I am very happy with her. Hopefully my anxieties about how I will handle this that and the other will even out as we settle into a routine and I will sleep better.

Awesome breed. Do you have any pics of the puggy you used to have ?

1 Like

I’ll see if I can post a pic but I can’t promise anything.
I used to have one on my old phone.

1 Like

imageTHat would be cool @Wave here is a pic of the new crate area I set up today. It’s basic. I didn’t put her toys in. She is playing with them. Tonight I’ll put her comfort blanket in that has her mother’s scent on. Hope I’ve got the right idea. She also has pads near the door for during the day when she is not crated. She was peeing in her bed last night so I decided to do this.(despite me getting up) and also today. However when there are pads next to it…:: she doesn’t.

2 Likes