My mom told me I’m living in a delusion

My mom finally told me I’m living in a delusion. If feel so real but I’m starting to believe it is a delusion. It is so scary. I hear everyone talking about me though. Every time my sister calls my aunts over FaceTime they are talking about my thoughts. It’s no reason they can know my thoughts and they are not in the same house as me. People are out to kill me because of what I think of them. This is too hard I’m thinking about suicide. I’m tired I’m really tired. I’m tired of living in fear.:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

Are you medicated? It does sound like psychosis for sure. Does knowing that it’s not real help at all?

2 Likes

A number of people here have told you you’re living in a delusion. Have you called your doctor?

1 Like

It helps but I still hear people around me telling me my thoughts.

1 Like

I see her Monday. It is so hard because how can I be in a delusion but i hear everyone talking about me.:disappointed_relieved: telling me I am on camera.

1 Like

Remember it’s absolutely not real,
There’s no way they can know your thoughts.

2 Likes

Ok​:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Please don’t kill yourself. You know things will come to pass. Your mom is not very understanding. That hurts.

5 Likes

How do you cope with this illness? How do you handle your delusions?

1 Like

I cope by staying on my meds. If I have a problem I got to the er or crisis. I worry about my neighbors all time delusions. I keep myself busy or go talk to mum friend. I just want you to know you’re loved.

6 Likes

Thankyou it’s just so scary. I dont know how to live with this

2 Likes

I’m glad you see her soon. Hopefully, she prescribes medication that is effective. I want the best for you!

3 Likes

Although the moment of realizing the delusion is sad, moving forward is critical, yet very difficult as we do choose delusion at times because it is simply more appealing than reality.

Well done. It is a good thing. What this thread means for you. Try to remember to see this logic this clearly in the future when this delusion comes back to wrap around you.

2 Likes

You live by getting on a good med(s). Then following treatment therapy if they tell you to.

2 Likes

You have broken it down completely what I’m going through

2 Likes

Stay strong @anon55704218

2 Likes

Thankyou @anon99233869

1 Like

It’s good that you’re mom finally told you that and I’m sure she wants the best for you. People that love you can’t coddle you to the point to where they let you believe that delusions are real. I wouldn’t want someone to go along with it and let me believe something that wasn’t real just so they wouldn’t hurt my feelings especially if it was something that I was obsessing over and causing me paranoia. I see on here so many times that people want to hear people agree with them no matter what. How does that help in any way for someone that wants to live in reality? I get what you’re saying on the mixed feelings, but it’s just not healthy to Think people can read your thoughts to the point of suicidal thoughts. Not even those people who claim to be psychics for money can read your mind!

1 Like

You speak so much truth… Thankyou

I handle my delusions the same way. They’re very scary and similar to yours. You just have to ask your doc for meds that will help when you have them like haldol. That’s what my doctor put me on the last week of my invega shot cause I have breakthrough symptoms

1 Like