Schizophrenia.com

My imaginary friends are coming back

I used to have friends that I knew no one else could see, imaginary friends. Today and yesterday I saw them again when I was home alone. I wanted to talk to them but I refrained so that’s good. I must be feeling lonely if they’re coming back.

5 Likes

Are you taking your meds?

Yes. I’m taking 15 mg of Abilify. I started on half that 2 months ago and now 15 the past month.

I think you need more meds. I only hallucinate if I forget to take mine or if I don’t get enough sleep.

Talk to your doctor.

1 Like

Are they friends that you enjoy to be around and talk too? If they ain’t then try to steer away from them. But if they give you comfort and joy then it’s harmless in my opinion

They used to give me comfort. I had friends but couldn’t tell them everything on my mind. I couldn’t share my deepest secrets. But I could tell my “friends” that I can see but no one else can. On the other hand I know it’s weird.

1 Like

If they give you comfort and you feel secure with them it doesn’t hurt no one.
But if they hurt you and command things of you then you’ll have to say your goodbyes to them.

1 Like

They don’t give me commands. They listen and respond like friends would.

1 Like

Wish I had some imaginary friends like that
I’d talk their a s s off

1 Like

Lol. I started having them long ago. But I know it’s weird so when a few years ago I was finally able to stop talking to them, it was quite a relief. It was a compulsive need to talk to them.

1 Like

I have the same one that checks in and says nice things. I usually ignore it. Then there’s the mean one which I get into arguments with. It’s really just the two voices. The nice one is female, the mean one is male, not sure why.

I had a period where I only heard the nice voice, for about a year. Talked about a lot of different things and got wacky answers. Later on the mean voice became more prominent and has been showing up every now and then since then.

1 Like

Oh ok well in that case maybe you should just wave hello to them and keep on walking

1 Like

I’d want to try to find out if a med could make the mean one go away. I wouldn’t like that.

1 Like