My GP told me to delete Facebook

It’s not good for my state of health and I guess she’s right any of you had to do the same?

2 Likes

i think your gp is right :smiley:
personally i think facebook is a breeding ground for trolls and narcissists.
take care :alien:

2 Likes

I really dont like facebook,idk if everybody is like that on facebook,but i feel like im addicted to some drug thats really bad for me,i try to keep a rule where i dont read anything,just post only positive things,if im thinking something positive i post it,i think its a way of avoiding fb for me

1 Like

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2015/04/08/new-study-links-facebook-to-depression-but-now-we-actually-understand-why/

I watched my sis get dragged into drama and on-line fights and other problems… she deleted her account completely… I never had one… and I feel better for it.

I don’t like facebook…

Some people try and tell me how good facebook is for them…

the ones who say it… remind me of me when I was trying to convince everyone that Alcohol and pot was better for me then meds. The addicted always tell me how great facebook is…

3 Likes

I second the motion… Facebook is the devil.

3 Likes

Never used twitter, never used Facebook. I always had the impression it was an accident waiting to happen for me if I did.

2 Likes

Never had and never will use facebook is just bad news i watched friends and others use it and just drama and fights and bullying is just sad So i vote with gp Just let it go!

2 Likes

I’m only “friends” with extended family and a few others. I keep the numbers low and no strangers… It’s my only contact with some people, so I enjoy it.

2 Likes

I agree with her. I deleted my fb account years ago.

2 Likes

I deleted my FB freshman year of high school, i’m glad i left that site.

1 Like

if it was causing me poor mental health then i would delete my account as well,

1 Like

Deleted it and made a secret one to keep in touch with a few people. I hardly use it.

1 Like

I’ve had a few people I have had to unfriend but otherwise it’s been ok. It allows me contact with family and a few people that I’ve met off forums. I don’t think though that it massively improves my ability to socially connect with others. I don’t see more people because of it.

Twitter-most of the ones I follow are mental health and/or political in nature. I also search # for schizophrenia and other things to see what’s being tweeted. There is quite a high ratio of nonsense and spam to wade through with those. The worst is when the same mindless/spam tweet gets retweeted a dozen or more times.

1 Like

Months back, one of my sons asked me why I followed SZ groups on FB or liked their posts. He said everyone sees that I do and did. It freaked me out and now I don’t “like” anything anymore. I really wish the old MySpace was back.

I think the answer is to join closed groups or be invited to join secret groups. With those only those in the group can see the posts you make there.

2 closed groups.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/17300812732/?ref=ts&fref=ts

I’ll check these out. Thx for the links.

I feel like I shouldnt even watch TV or be on the internet. Hell even go out in public.

I can totally relate, but what else is there in life?

1 Like

There I’ve deleted it. It’s gone.

1 Like

You just keep on truckin bro,eatin nails and shittin rocks with a smile like i do :smiley: