Facebook paranoia

Is anyone else paranoid about facebook, twitter, and other social networking websites?

yeah at one point I had to delete my Facebook account because everything posted by others, I thought it was about me. What weirded me out the most was the status updates. What exactly are you experiencing?

2 Likes

Twitter is…

“Hey everybody! Look at me!! I just ate a sandwich…blah…blah…blah…”

This forum is the only social media I use.

1 Like

Paranoia about the amount of information that goes on there about each person. It seems like too much information to put out there.

Facebook is a waste of time.

1 Like

so how is that affecting you? do you worry about your personal information? Or just people’s information? what do you think is gonna happen to that information?

yeah i noticed that like 5 years ago but some people think its worth a shot still

1 Like

I found Facebook to be a Cult…

It’s the one place you get to meet everyone that you’ve purposely ignored your whole life on the same web page.

2 Likes

the only reason I’ve kept my Facebook is to stay in touch with my friends who live overseas. Otherwise it’s really difficult and awkward to call them out of nowhere and just chat, while on Facebook I can chat anytime. It does get a little crazy though.

1 Like

It used to give me paranoia now it just bores me

1 Like

I’m too scared to check my facebook. That is the hidden Facebook profile with few friends since I deleted the real one. Thankfully I don’t have Twitter, etc. But not exactly paranoid…

1 Like

A for instance - a nurse in the UK had a facebook page - her photo - and her comments - a patient died because someone had punctured the drip bag and deliberately contaminated it - then another patient died - then a whole load died - on her shifts - she got the blame - the media hi-jacked her photo and it was on the news - they were quoting her word for word everything she ever said - she was portrayed as evil - she ended up charged without bail and was put in prison on remand for ages - SHE WAS INNOCENT - they finally found the real culprit. This is what I mean, this lady wasn’t looking for trouble and did nothing wrong other than work hard - and facebook is - I think - quite dangerous.

1 Like

I understand that…

1 Like

I can’t use Facebook. I have an account but never post to it. I only maintain it to receive messages from people who won’t communicate any other way. I don’t read my feed, and I get upset if someone posts pictures of me or tags me in one of their posts. I hate Facebook and wish people would stop relying on it.

I have a twitter to follow news feeds but can’t post to it. Whenever I try, I panic and delete a little while later.

1 Like

I go by the principle that if you post anything on the internet you should be prepared for it to be available to everyone for the rest of time.

A bit of an exaggeration I know but I keep that in mind when posting.

2 Likes

i joined facebook in 2008, my facebook is like the local news-paper everyone puts up there business on it …all info…

1 Like

I used to think people were sending messages thru Facebook pictures and ads and that they all gave me a higher purpose.

1 Like

I haven’t used facebook or social media for like 2 years. Don’t plan on going back.

2 Likes

I don’t use Twitter or Instagram. I do use Facebook & Youtube (Google+). I’m not afraid of what other people think of me online. If people don’t like me, it’s probably a misconception. In real life, I’m boring & too easy to get along with.

2 Likes

I really like instagram though. I follow a lot of people I admire on instagram. It inspires me.

1 Like