My experience with the psychiatrist

According to this doctor, it is all just anxiety. They won’t even diagnose me with anxiety though.
He was also mocking me for speaking quietly and not knowing how to answer some questions.
He is the doctor for the psychosis team in my area.

Sometimes you can be on antipsychotic and although it works in some ways it doesn’t work properly so you can get terrible symptoms
Maybe your antipsychotic isn’t the right one for you
Hang on in there
Good luck with the psychiatric nurse

I faced similar situation with my family as they think i am too much on the internet and looking up to sz or bipolar and making up the symptoms to escape life’s duties. But we only know what degree of pain it causes and on the out it does not show easily. I have been to some psychiatrists to really get to the bottom of this problem, still no one seems to get it. That is just the nature of it. I guess maturity on this illness will fruitify our existence.

4 Likes

The other psychiatrist prescribed you an AP. She moved but you may find another good one. :slight_smile:

Considering how easy doctors prescribe aps for literally the flu I’m surprised…

Pace steadily and go to a new doc, second opinions can never hurt

1 Like

It’s always good to get a second opinion. In my case I wouldn’t tolerate anyone who I felt treated me disrespectfully, regardless of what they said my diagnosis was.

Not all doctors are like this I promise. Switch! Make sure to check reviews beforehand too if you can, a lot of times you can get a hint if someone is arrogant. Being afraid of being killed every time you go out does sound like anxiety but that doesn’t mean it’s normal and that you don’t deserve help for it.

1 Like

He was asking me if there was an AP that I have researched and would like to try, wtf!!
Just because I did a stupid psychology course, it doesn’t make me a mental health professional :rage:

I am from the UK and use the NHS system so you can’t choose which psychiatrists you see.
I don’t trust them now anyway.
Apparently doing a psychology course at college has made me an expert, so what’s the point in me getting any help?

Really?? That sucks holy jeez!! I’m not sure what to tell you then. It’s definitely understandable that you’re angry. Don’t stop fighting for yourself, if you disagree with the doctor let them know. Keep emphasizing the severity of your symptoms and how they affect you. That’s really bad luck :confused:

Can’t you see some pdoc privately?

1 Like

If your team doesn’t believe you’re accurately reporting your symptoms, it may be time to switch. Or be reevaluated. They can’t help you if they don’t believe you. Good luck my dear.

WTF

It took me years to get discharged, I said some are fucktards!

1 Like

It is just proof that they have been programmed. They were never meant to help me in the first place.
Uggghhhhh I knew this would happen!

They take people in the predome phase, so why not someone who is phychotic?

He said I am not psychotic though…which makes me wonder if I really am being targeted by someone somewhere. The pdoc I saw today might be in on the plot.
And he is trying to blame it on anxiety… I am sure he would be anxious if this was happening to him!

Also he said schizophrenia is about hearing things that are outside your head, so the things I hear inside my head don’t count.

I’m really surprised, but your experiences are at least of someone with psychosis!

Most people don’ want to speak to a pdoc… Some are pure evil and manipulative, mine from hosp was shite, so I requested another in writing… I eventually got another and got discharged back home within a month.

Don’t let a shithead ■■■■ your time up!

I started off with them saying some sort of anxiety disorder, which later (before I went on ap’s) was full blown hearing voices.

Typically the faster your treated the better the outcome, so WTF…

Perhaps you should go back to your point of referral? Like your GP if not self referred…

You know something is wrong and I always feel aggrieved when stuff like this happens

2 Likes

Didn’t they prescribe seroquel (Quetiapine) for you? Did you take it?

I hear both…

Not everyone with psychosis experiences internal or external voices… In fact I peer support someone who doesn’t!

They look for symptom clusters for diagnosis and I’m sure you tick enough boxes, given your posts over the Bank Holiday!

Often we lack the words to describe what’s going on! I only did as I had a lack of phyco education.

A SZ diagnosis is pretty premature, which is why your under a EIP team, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t offer help & advice…

Sorry you have to go through all that! That pdoc sounds like a jerk. He’s doing more harm than good. Hope you find a more caring pdoc!

I was also tempted to believe that reading psychology books would make me invent my sz symptoms but when I relapsed after five years and was rediagnosed in hospital i realised I wasn’t making them up.

I won’t be wanting to speak with a doctor again… apart from my GP- she’s really lovely.
My CPN is really nice too - he’s the one who referred me to the psychosis team. But I’m only seeing him short-term.

I don’t disagree with the pdoc that I have anxiety but I don’t feel like I can control it. It is my thoughts that make me anxious… well, they don’t feel like my thoughts. They must be coming from somewhere.
When I told him that my brain has been hacked, he said “Why would anyone want to hack YOU?” in a mocking voice.
I am very suspicious of this doctor…and the psychosis team tbh. When they phone me tomorrow, I will tell them that they are con artists.