My Dad Wants Me Alive

My dad really doesn’t want me to commit suicide. He’s asked me not to. He’s calling and texting and emailing everyday. He’s offered to drive me to appointments and to do fun things together. He’s offered to help me out with money, and I can pay him back.

I don’t want to make my dad sad.

I just really don’t think I can live anymore.

6 Likes

Dad’s can be great :slightly_smiling_face: remember that when your feeling low, the only way to go is higher up. Life can suck but if you look to a happy future it will come to you. No one here wants to see u die. Especially your dad. Your his everything :blush:

2 Likes

I’m glad your dad is so supportive. We don’t want you to commit suicide either, this is serious business, I really hope that things can start looking up for you, I know things have been really rough lately.

1 Like

Of course he wants you alive.

@FlyingPurplePeopleMeeter. You’re father is a grown adult and he can make decisions. If he decides to help you he kinda knows what he’s getting into and that’s his choice as an adult. Accept his kind offers. My dad did the same thing when I first got sick and in fact my whole family has supported and helped me for the past 37 years. They don’t have to if they don’t want to but they choose to help me.

The way I returned the favor, was I helped them for years in my limited capacity. I did yardwork at each of my familis houses, I drove them to airports when they went on trips and picked them up when they came back. I housesat too many times to count. When I lived by myself for six years in a studio apartment my sister would go on vacations or business trips and I would let her dog stay with me and take care of her by walking her, taking her out to go to the bathroom, feeding her etc. I’ve helped my family move a dozen times. Those ways were how I “gave back” for all the years of help they gave me.

You may not be able to do those things (right now. Maybe further down the road) but you can help your dad by taking care of yourself. Take your meds, don’t do drugs, see your psychiatrist and/or your therapist. Those things are under your control.

You don’t have to be the perfect daughter but all your dad want’s is to see you do good.
You are lucky to have a father who cares. I’ve seen too many families turn their backs on their schizophrenic children or treat them very badly but you have a father who genuinely wants to help you. My father was the same way.

When I first got ill, I thought of suicide often. I felt hopeless and like giving up but my whole family kept me going. When I was in my first group home my dad happened to be working near me and on his lunch hour he would drive the company truck over to my house just to talk to me. Your dad is showing you that he loves you by making all these offers. Using his time to help you is more important than money.

I’m sorry you’re feeling bad, but those feelings will pass eventually.
Accept your dads help, it’s his choice to help you.

6 Likes

Your dad seems to really care about you. It is good that you have that support. I know you are going through a tough time now but you can get through it. Just hang in there. From your posts i can tell that you are a kind and thoughtful person. The world needs people like that. You have people that care about you and want to see you better. Please hang on and keep fighting.

2 Likes

Thank you, all. @SailorTheFox59 @Hanna_Foxx @77nick77 @disciple

I used to be so different. I’m not use to feeling this way. It’s really hard. I just want it to end.

I do love my family though. I feel like I bring them down. They say suicide would be worse.

So it gets better?

It can definitely get better. I know how it is to be suicidal. I also know how hard it is to lose someone to suicide. Both are terrible. But if you keep fighting and hang in there, things can turn around for the better.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry that you are feeling this way, but I’m really happy your dad is being so supportive. He sounds like a great guy. Please don’t hurt yourself. It just isn’t worth it. If you end things, they will never have a chance to get better. And it DOES get better!

1 Like

Your dad sounds awesome! He loves you and I bet there are lots of people in your life who want you alive. Please hang on one more day one step at a time.

1 Like

We all want you alive @FlyingPurplePeopleMeeter.
Please hang in there.

I’m feeling depressed lately myself.

I may contact my doctor.

Stay in close contact with your doctors and if your suicidal thoughts become chronic then I would go to the ER.

1 Like

I know threads about suicide get unlisted on this site.

I would suggest visiting the forum

www.suicideforum.com

Its very good, has live chat, EXCELLENT moderators and you are able to speak about all your problems without getting suspended…

Ive been severly depressed lately and thank god i found it.

Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, it gets better. I spent a year in the group home at age 19-20. That was followed by eight months locked up in the psychiatric hospital. They put me in the hospital because I was severely ill and I was not functioning at the time and i couldn’t take care of myself. I spent the entire 1980’s in hospitals, group homes and mental health supported housing.

Now I am looking back on being employed for most of the last 35 years, I’m close to getting my college degree. I live in a nice apartment, work part time, take college classes, and I drive a nice car which is all payed off and I own it. This is how things change. No one who knew me in 1980-83 when I was at my sickest would have ever guessed in a million years that I would ever do even one of these things.

But things change, and things often change for the belter. But there is no big secret to what I’ve accomplished. The reason I am here today is because I always take my medication, I see psychiatrists regularly, I have always co-operated in my own recovery by going to the groups, vocational programs, programs, family therapy, etc and just following the programs and let them help me. Because there’s a lot of people who want to help us and see us do good.

Like the infamous Woody Allen once said, “90% of success is just showing up.” And that’s what I do. My current job is easy, but I do not always like getting up at 7:00 am out of my warm bed three days a week and fighting traffic for a half hour to get to work. I do not always like the people I work with but I like them enough to get along with them. I have an appointment at 2:00 pm today with my shrink. I don’t necessarily dislike him or dislike going to see him but there are other things I’d rather be doing. Life, as you know, is full of things you have to do or need to do and whether you like doing them or not is irrelevant. You just do them.

I would like to tell you that recovery is easy and fast. But I can’t. Seeing improvements can take months or even years but when you finally start to get better all the hard work and effort you put into achieving it makes all the crap you went through well worth it. To get better you will often have to things you hate but it will pay off later. People who have family support have a better prognosis than people who don’t. It’s sad that not all families are supportive but just consider yourself lucky that you have your dad in your corner.

Just keep going and doing the right things and you will help yourself. Good luck.

1 Like

Thank you all very, very much.

@disciple @Happy_H @FatMama @Wave @anon97118089 @77nick77

3 Likes

@77nick77, You are making me realize that my family has helped me so very much over the course of my whole life and I have done virtually nothing for them over the years. But, my family is in my will. My brother and sister get everything that I own, all my money, house and household goods when I die.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.