Music and having an episode

Does certain genres of music and lyrics effect you when you are having an episode? Or do you cope alright ?

I thank my lucky stars that music didn’t affect me when I had my episode, if anything it was a safe place for me just throwing my head phones on

2 Likes

When I had an episode music helped me. It didn’t cause one.

1 Like

Music always helps me. When voices are too much it drowns them out.

2 Likes

There are many examples of music that I listened to whilst I was psychotic that I was convinced that they were telling me this reality is false, and they were trying to get me to realise subtly through their lyrics that everyone was playing a game of psychic powers that I was excluded from

:confused:

When I hear these songs now, it makes me feel sad.

A guy at the mental hospital told me to wait for the green limo to pick me up so I could leave this place. Fair to say we sat outside all night smoking, and waiting for his space ship to take him back home to Mars.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Music didn’t help me because psychotic stuff interfered with it

1 Like

I remember listening to misidentify movement machina remix while psychotic and there are voices and laughing in the track itself and it was crazy euphoric but very delusional but I felt my emotions blending into the song

1 Like

I can’t listen to old music that I used to listen when growing up, it triggers me and makes me anxious and irritated. It makes me somewhat sick to my stomach…

1 Like

Love songs mess me up. So I prefer instrumentals.

1 Like

Music has kept me alive I think. When I feel bad I listen music and it helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.