Do you listen to music you listened to while psychotic?

It feels good for some reason but I dont think its a good idea, it brings bad memories.

3 Likes

i was never psychotic but i listen to songs i listened to as a kid sometimes, only good songs

1 Like

Yes I do it brings back nostalgia

2 Likes

Whole genres I avoid due to some triggering memories. I slip up sometimes, usually when it’s a bad day, but I know it’s healthier for me to not indulge.

2 Likes

Listening to music is usually to overstimulating when I’m in psychosis, so no. On the other hand, if I have listened to music during that time, I don’t remember what it was lol

1 Like

This song completely reminds me of being in the hospital and being completely psychotic.

It’s a good song though.

3 Likes

I really like the verses but not so much the chorus to me

This song brings me back to my psychosis a lot

2 Likes

I listened to lot of German rap songs when I was psychotic as I was in Germany:

1 Like

I don’t experience psychosis as much, but I do like to listen to music when I’m hypomanic. I said this in the music thread, but although this song is from the perspective of a drug user, I feel like the lyrics apply to manic and hypomanic states as well.

“I feel so extraordinary
Something’s got a hold on me
I get this feeling I’m in motion
A certain sense of liberty”

The chorus, as well.

1 Like

I just stopped listening to music I used to listen while psychotic as it makes me want to cry.

1 Like

i only listen to songs which feel good to me and mostly the latest

1 Like

Yeah, but it’s not one of my triggers. I have to be careful about stuff involving UFOs and aliens when I’m unstable.

1 Like

I still listen to the same music I listened to when I wash psychotic and it doesn’t bother me.

Some music I associate with different things, I avoid.

1 Like

I was psychotic all through the early 80’s up to 2016. So modern music from any of those four decades has the potential to emotionally trigger me.

1 Like

Apple Music has playlists of hits from every year.
I was first diagnosed in 1980. Spent 1981 in my first group home. 1982 I was in the hospital.

So yes, it’s interesting now to listen to hit songs from those three years.

It’s also neat to play all the hits from when I was in high school.
“Hotel California” anyone?

3 Likes

I listened to this song every morning around early 2014 right up to when I was fully psychotic, it’s still good and brings me back to when I was “normal”

2 Likes

I used to think Drake, one more Dance was my soul mate singing to me through Drake’s body, and watching the video, it moved me…

I don’t go out my way to listen to it

1 Like

No, but with a specific song
I was feeling my head changing size

2 Likes

I didn’t listen to music when psychotic, so I can pretty much listen to everything.

1 Like

yes I thought all movies and all music was about me and my subject of erotomania…still listen to the albums and movies sometimes…like it, reminds me I’m sane…

1 Like