Missing my voices

It’s stupid. But on my new meds, I barely hear my voices. I’d always wanted silence so that my head could just be my own, but now that I have it, I find myself missing them. The silence is so loud. I’m not used to being able to rest and so I don’t. I keep bracing myself to hear them. I literally just finished crying over how empty things seem now.

Yes, I will be talking to my therapist about this. But I just really felt the need to talk about this here. I just need a sense of community.

3 Likes

It’s an awkward silence at first. I’m slowly adjusting to not paying attention to the silence again.

1 Like

I think you will get used to this.

1 Like

I realize I’ll get used to it. It’s not the last destination I’m worried about, more the actual journey of living like this and making the transition. I want to make sure I learn to cope healthily, which I recognize I need to reach out to better do.

1 Like

Part of coping for me is understanding and thinking that “it gets better” therefore I worry less and I allow myself to let go.

My voices went away while I was at the national institute of health in the USA. They took my zyprexa down to 5 mg and three weeks later I crashed. I was in a lot of pain and my voices came back. I have a letter of apology from them somewhere amid all my papers in a closet. I was glad they were back though they were abusive. Now years later I feel I’ve had enough of voices.

1 Like

R00 i agree that somedays most us get very bored and lonely and maybe wish for some voices. I had voices in some periods of my life. The voices start talking very friendly and very careing. But then after some time they turn on you and can become real evil and mean.
Get your treatment team to make a week plan with activities you must attend. Start with a few things you really enjoy and then you and your treatment teams expand the things you must do

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.