Missing class and work

This week I missed 3/4 classes and 2 shifts so far. I was manic until a few days ago I crashed really hard. I was depressed for a few days and grew paranoid. I’m no longer depressed but the paranoia sticks. I don’t know if I can eat, I feel like someone is poisoning my food at home. Im.nor drinking any water either. I know I can’t sustain this way. Yes I’m gonna cal my pdoc on Monday.

2 Likes

Do you have a prn to take to bridge the time until your next appointment?

Is there somewhere you can go that you would feel comfortable at least drinking some water?

1 Like

Not the same,but similar. The kids mostly feel afraid to eat food when they first come here, unless it’s prepackaged individual sizes. Do you have the funds to buy water bottles and individual snack sizes of things until you can feel more comfortable with the rest of your food?

1 Like

I have Ativan but that’s it

I’m going to work going to try to drink some water

1 Like

I kind of do but not really. I think I have $50 or so

1 Like

There is a certain point where all these coping techniques and distractions are not enough, you know. You do need actual treatment. It sucks to think about, but it does need to happen. You at the very least need consistent sleep.

2 Likes

I’m in therapy and have a pdoc. I actually did sleep last night I think that’s why I’m not so depressed today.

1 Like

For me, sleep is the number one factor in how mentally healthy I feel. If I can get a solid 6-9 hours and wake up without an alarm, I can accomplish anything. If I get less than that for more than 3 days in a row, I feel like I can’t possibly take another moment. I first noticed this when I was caring for the babies. There was a direct 1:1 correlation between whether I felt capable of being a parent and whether I had slept the night before.

2 Likes

I have chronic fatigue, no matter how much or how little I sleep I feel exhausted all the time.

1 Like

Have you ever been tested for sleep disorders? I know chronic fatigue is basically a diagnosis of exclusion, and there’s no treatment. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea a few years back, and after I got my C-pap machine I felt a lot better (and haven’t had any hallucinations since).

1 Like

No they haven’t tested me for much. I have mental illness (obviously) chronic pain and chronic fatigue of some sorts.

1 Like

If you can, it might be a good idea to get tested for a sleep disorder. I know it can be costly depending on insurance, but it really can help if that is the issue (or even part of the issue). My entire treatment plan changed when I was diagnosed with a sleep disorder.

1 Like

My insurance covers basically everything, besides my finasteride. Ill ask my dr about it

1 Like

If you do end up getting a C-pap machine, I highly recommend using nasal pillows instead of the full face mask if you get at all claustrophobic. I also highly recommend saving up for the So Clean automatic cleaning machine. It’s like $250, but it makes a major difference in how clean the mask can get (it’s hard to hand clean 6 feet of tubing). Also be sure to only use distilled water with the machine.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.