Melatonin Usage

I started taking dissolvable melatonin tablets at night for sleep and they really help to relax my mind, although they give me very bizarre dreams. Any one else take melatonin and do you find it helpful

1 Like

Yes I’ve been taking 3mg Melatonin for the past 2 years, it works like 80% of the time.

1 Like

I take 10 mg. My meds in combonation with the melatonin put me right to sleep

1 Like

It’s great as long as you get a good night’s sleep.

1 Like

10 mg of melatonin is a lot to start with. Most people start with 3 mg and add on more if they need it. I personally take 12.

2 Likes

When I bought it I didn’t realize the dosage I just knew it had to be dissolvable to work better

1 Like

Yeah the dissolvable generally work better. But if you are having side effects, a lower dose might be preferable.

1 Like

True, maybe that’s why I have the bizarre dreams

1 Like

Also be aware, it is not clinically shown to help beyond 30 days of continual usage. Any more than that, and your body adjusts to the dose. There is also a possibility your own brain might stop producing melatonin naturally if you take it longer than 30 days. But as far as sleep medications, it is one of the safest and least habit forming.

1 Like

I’ve been taking it on an off for the last 10 years. I think I started at 5 but I lowered it to 1mg a night 5 years ago. I quit taking it for a couple years but since I changed AP’s last year I started taking 1 or 2mgs a night.

1 Like

Thanks for the info I didn’t know that

1 Like

I take 12mg disolvable tablets. One each night. It’s virtually impossible to overdose on melatonin. You will build a tolerance to it eventually though.

1 Like

I didn’t realize they had 12 mg tablets

I take these:

1 Like

Oh okay you order them online. I get mine from CVS

1 Like