Anyone using melatonin?

Anyone using it regularly or daily?I am using it daily for sleep and it puts me to sleep easily.I read that you shouldn’t take it for more then 3 month,is it true?

1 Like

I take melatonin if I wake up too early and can’t get back to sleep. That way I get at least another 3 hours.

I’ve never heard of the 3 months thing. I guess it would make sense though since your body would get dependent on it.

Edit: I only use it a few times a week myself.

1 Like

I take it like my antipsychotic routinely.I hope it’s not very big deal

I take it along with my ambien to give it a boost. I think it helps.

1 Like

Something is wrong with my sleep. I seem to want about 11 or 12 hours a night. I don’t feel very rested when do get up, regardless of how long I slept. So I have thought about melatonin. I tried it about 20 years ago but I didn’t believe in it at the time.

1 Like

My doc says it shouldn’t be taken long term because over time it teaches your brain to stoo producing melatonin on its own. In my case, though, my brain never produced melatonin because of my brain tumor. I alternate between melatonin, Benadryl, nyquil, and lunesta. That way my body never builds up a tolerance to any one drug.

4 Likes

I take agomelatine before going to bed, it has two functions, it acts as an antidepressant and helps me sleep. I’m taking it for more than 3 months now, and before I started taking it I could only sleep after taking aps.
Agomelatine helps me sleeping but what kicks my willingness to sleep is zotepine(which is banned in many countries) which I take at dinner, usually 2 hours after I take it I feel tired enough to sleep.

1 Like

Thanks for the info @Ninjastar .

2 Likes

Hey…I have been using melatonin consistently for 3 month,almost daily.I took antipsychotic now for 8years plus daily,comparing melatonin to antipsychotic it is a weak drug.It should be ok right?I understand that you can build tolerance with melatonin,but it does help and I reordered another bottle…I am only taking 3mg

That is a question for your doctor, not for me.

I been using 3mg nightly for 2 years probably.

My pdoc said most people won’t develop a tolerance to it. I haven’t.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.