Medication is good for you, honest!

I doubt that the meds are “good” for me, but not taking them initiates a cascading failure where I eventually wind up in circumstances that are very bad for me.

The Devil you know…

I think I’ve only been psychotic a few times in my life. Most of which ( if not all ) has been med induced.

I guess I could handle the positives but not the negatives or the depression.

The dissociation is a major bitch. Same with solipsism. I really don’t care about the matrix thing anymore.

1 Like

Only Risperidone worked for me and man it was night and day. If my normal experience was like being on a low dose of LSD 24/7 it really was like you said, I “sobered up” couldn’t feel energy around me, no hallucinations, voices, fearfulness & paranoia, etc. It’s a real shame I haven’t been able to find any other AP that worked as well. I had to be taken off it because it gave me hyperprolactenemia.

Currently I’m on 100 mg of seroquel but just for sleep. I realized the klonopin was what was leaving me sedated the next day not the seroquel, though seroquel does make me sedated in my dreams which is weird, and taking a benzo with it is a must to avoid horrific nightmares since it makes my dreams so vivid. Ah well.

Maybe I will try using it as an actual AP? The only side effect I get, at this dose anyways, is it makes me sleepy but I just take it at night. Pdoc gave me a sampler of saphris but it gave me such awful stomach cramps even at the lowest dose.