Medication for sleep

there’s a drug called mirtazypine. i’m not sure if i spelled it right. it off label helps with sleep and anxiety, even though the main use is as an anti depressant. it’s a strange med because it’s more effective at smaller doses than larger ones, so ive heard.

Have you tried Zyprexa?
Over The counter like lteanine?

1 Like

I’m getting Pipamperon. It works fine.

risperidone ,i feel sleepy when i on it

For years I took zopiclone but I became addicted and kept taking more and more. Withdrawal was awful.

trazodone works and has few side effects. i am doing cbt for insomnia and it is working well for me

I take 45 mg of Mirtizipane and 10 mg of melatonin. I also run and walk close to 3 miles a day and workout. I find that working out and running really help my sleep.

1 Like

@Longhorn21, You need to inform your pdoc ASAP.

1 Like

Have you tried the basics like diphenhydramine and doxylamine succinate?

I’ve tried everything but belsomra (too expensive) and nothing was really working. A few months ago I started using CBD oil to help me sleep and it worked well enough that I stopped taking my Ativan that I was using for sleep.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your advice I have started using CBD oil and has helped a lot

2 Likes

Just got prescribed zopiclone 7.5mg yesterday. Was too afraid to take doxylamine.

SLEEPMD, a non prescription med, works for me. I take two pills instead of one.

Other prescription meds that I took, were a nightmare. They inhibited my chance to fight back against the voices, etc. In other words, they put to sleep the part of my mind that fights back, the part that keeps me in control. The outcome was pure hell. So be careful.