Me and Smoking

Nine months, 9 hours, 51 minutes and 59 seconds. 18385 cigarettes not smoked, saving $3,677.10. Life saved: 9 weeks, 20 hours, 5 minutes.

It is good to be nicotine free. Sometimes I miss the smoke so much I light a stick of incense!

Jayster

12 Likes

Great, I have also stopped all nicotine use including smoking and nicotine gums, the whole nicotine thing is just waste of money, health and time.

4 Likes

Keep going, Jayster. We’re all rooting for you.

3 Likes

Jesus Christ, you were smoking over 60 a day???

2 Likes

Good for you @Jayster! :grinning:

1 Like

I quit smoking for a while then just all of a sudden started back. I am such a dumbass

1 Like

I smoke little cigars when I smoke. Santa fe’s, so I don’t really worry about price. $3 a pack. They may be worse for you but not sure completely.

I was on the e-cig for a while and still am, but the good weather came and the psychological addiction brought me right back to smoking the little cigars!

I’m not too angry about it though. But maybe I should be…

1 Like

great news jayster, I tried ecigs, I don’t like them, I reckon I’m a lifer for the cigs, I luv to smoke, it’s one of the best antidepressants I’ve found to keep me going, the cost of smoking is now a bit ouch

1 Like

I have no idea how I could quit. Smoking is a good remedy for the poor, it’s my anti-stress method. I buy Native cigarettes which cost me 20$ for almost a week’s supply. I don’t even like the regular store brands, they’re too strong, and they would cost a fortune if I smoked them instead of Natives.

1 Like

Good on you for quitting JSter

1 Like

I’m sure you’re accurate with your calculations. That is the thing about smoking because it is so damn hard to quit. I stopped smoking at 07:00 on 31 May 2007. It will be 8 years this coming May. Sometimes I dream at night that I had a smoke then in the morning when I wake up I’m very angry at myself for having a smoke before I realize it was only a dream. Hang in there @Jayster. It gets easier.

3 Likes

Keep at it. I went 18 months without a smoke and it was great. Stress brought me back though :frowning:

1 Like

I have three pair of woolen Winter gloves. One pair is not so useful because I was smoking a cigarette with the glove on and the glove caught fire. So the glove leaves two finger on the left hand quite exposed!

Jayster

If / when I get into a PhD program, I’m ■■■■■■■ quitting. I quit last fall and then had a relapse. I quit twice before that and then school made me pick it back up.

I think the smoker is a phase I am going through. I’ve been in it for three years now. Uh oh.

Hey I went through the prodromal phase for like a decade and came out alright! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hey! Congratulations!!
I stopped smoking 9/02/2014 and it was very difficult. I feel so much better now than what I used to. It really is a huge accomplishment! :grin:

1 Like

Kewl @daisydoll29

Jayster