Mad Max at your service

Mad Max is my DJ handle. Set up for a wedding tomorrow evening. We’re also providing photography and videography for the event, so all three Pixel family members will be in service tomorrow. Princess will do most of the DJing, actually, but she’s still got a case of nerves with live events (when she can see the crowd, that is – she does fine with online broadcasting).

So there you go @Mountainman – that’s my part-time biz.

:blush:

14 Likes

That is very cool :sunglasses:

I was a DJ for many years doing weddings and social events, My last gig was a 50’s, 60’s night club, I retired from DJ work when I left there

3 Likes

I don’t mind doing wedding receptions. You can always play the Macarena and get a bunch of middle-aged women out on the dance floor wiggling their kiesters. Fun!

:blush:

3 Likes

That’s very cool! Do you thought broadcast at all though? Extra kudos if you do, DJing would be super tough with that delusion.

Yes, but it is limited with meds. I’m still going to need a CPZ and an Ativan before bed tomorrow night – I always pay for doing events like this. Crowds mess with me.

1 Like

Thanks. What’s a CPZ? Also, which meds do you take?

Regular meds are Geodon and Wellbutrin for head, a beta blocker and an ACE inhibitor for my heart, and a proton pump inhibitor for my endless heartburn. I have Chlorpromazine (a.k.a. CPZ, old school AP), Ativan, and Vicodin as PRNs. I’m trusted with the two latter is it’s not uncommon for my meds to expire unused and that gets tagged when I return them to the pharmacy – they know I’m not abusing them. The vicodin is for my back injury, I have chronic pain.

Edit: Survived the evening, got incredible feedback on both how we handled photography and the DJing, and (most importantly) got paid. Now chilling with my kitty and a coffee. Only had to take the Ativan this morning, not the CPZ. CPZ messes with how quickly your eyes focus and makes photo editing hell, so that’s a good one to take a pass on.

5 Likes

Wound up taking most of today off to recover, other than backing up all the RAW photos both to a second drive and also off-site in case the house burns down, or such.

Weird thing about yesterday… UBER religious crowd, full gospel Xtians. Nice enough people, but once they found out I wasn’t a church-goer (well, not a Xtian church), they started witnessing to me non-stop. I was like, ‘thanks, would really like to get back to work here!’ So, so uncomfortable and they don’t seem to realize that they make people want to run screaming from the room.

Anyhow, did I mention that I got paid? Because I did. Made everything else worth it.

3 Likes

Cool setup and well done @shutterbug for surviving. Sounds like a tough crowd!

Eh, it was a dry event. Problem with those is that people there mostly want to visit, not dance. Hard to keep the floor moving. Good news is that those always end early. We were out the door by 11:15 pm.

:grin:

1 Like

This sounds very cool … :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.