Lowering dose to 117mg from 156mg. Invega Sustenna monthly injection

The title says it all. I’m a little nervous and hoping I don’t relapse or the psychosis returns. I’ve already stopped 3 medications and feel as if I’ve made a big accomplishment. I want to also lower my prolactin levels and have less sexual side effects.

I first started with the highest dose of 234mg monthly injection and was on it for almost a year. Then eventually lowered the dose to 156mg and have been stable on it for almost 2 years. Now I’m going even lower to 117mg and hoping for the best. So far I’m not hallucinating, I’m not delusional, voices pop up randomly, I’m firmly grounded in reality, I can think clearly, talk clearly, haven’t gained any weight, my blood work came back normal and better than last year, I still have racing thoughts that come and go, I don’t talk to myself, exercise take care i or f my health, maintain my hygiene and basically am doing my best.

This medication has worked very well for me and I’m hoping it continues to work. So if anyone can share their experiences with this medication and lowering the dose it would really give me more hope.

1 Like

I’ve been on 117mg for 4 years and I am stable. I did have to go from every 4 weeks to every 3 weeks.

2 Likes

So I went to go get my injection today. So far so good. Hopefully it stays this way. My psychiatrist said that it will take 3 - 4 months for the prolactin levels to come down. Let’s see how it goes.

Been on invega for 3 years or so. Was on 150mg then lowered to 100mg. I had no side effects coming down. Been on 100mg for a month now.

1 Like

welcome to the forum @Jeffmcguire

Remember 117 is the minimum therapeutic dosage, I even relapsed on 117mg…

1 Like

Got it! If it’s the therapeutic dose then hopefully I can still stay stable. Fingers crossed.

İ m 350 mg trevicta(paliperidone).its really good medicine

1 Like

Thought I’d provide and update. It’s been a little over 2 weeks and I am still stable. The good thing is that my racing mind that had a constant barrage of thoughts running through it all the time was because of the medication and since lowering the dose it has stopped. I can concentrate and focus a lot better and now I’m ejaculating semen rather than shooting blanks. The voices are pretty much non existent and I haven’t lost my mind.