Looking back

I never even did drugs. I was in a really good art university and doing well, for a short period of time. And then I just broke and stopped doing anything at all. I broke all by myself, without anything to blame but my own mind.
I never went back to art college. I never finished at any school. I’ve just been working all these years and fighting to not break to the extent that I did back then.
I feel so sorry for myself. I think it’s unfair.
But no one can go back and change anything. And I am grateful for what I have now because it’s more than I actually expected.
I’m just thinking somewhat out loud.

3 Likes

That’s good to hear.

It’s a disease that just swallows up potential.

2 Likes

I wish I could just let go and appreciate what I have. But I can’t shake the feeling that so much more was stolen.
Thanks for being here, @everhopeful

1 Like

I lost all my potential. I’m mostly over it. Hopefully, in the next life I’ll have it better. I’m not optimistic though. This isn’t my first time with schizophrenia.

If I didnt do marijuana 7 years ago, I probably would have not gotten so sick so fast and maybe would have got the diagnosis later. Who knows?

1 Like

Like you said, no one can go back and change anything. All we can do is move forward with life and do the best we can. You seem to have a positive way of looking at it and that’s good.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.