"Likes" are more of an acknowledgement, do you agree?

When I use the “like” button its usually more of an acknowledgement of the statement than really saying “I like this”.

Do you agree?

11 Likes

I agree, it’s usually a form of acknowledgement or where I can sympathize with the person.

4 Likes

I give likes to posts that seem particularly helpful or supportive of other people. On topics I’ve started myself, yes, I give likes to acknowledge people who are taking their time and effort to answer and to also acknowledge their opinion is noted.

7 Likes

I save my “likes” for things I really like.

5 Likes

yea… I came, i acknowledged, i hit the like button… as we intellectuals do…

5 Likes

Agree. I use it to let the person know I’ve read what they wrote, as support, that I think they’re funny, that I like what they said, as a hug, all sorts of things.

5 Likes

Would like a range of acknowledgements like the faces on facebook

3 Likes

I wish these were the options,

:+1: :-1: :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Damn straight g-Rex

4 Likes

It’s heart symbol means love

4 Likes

woah… not even fb has the thumbs down option… and you can see who gave them to you… idk about the thumbs down lol…

what if i post something and all the people I like give me thumbs down… lol that seems horrible…

3 Likes

The thumbs down is harsh, but necessary.

3 Likes

I just want an eye roll option.

4 Likes

it would be like the silent shame button… im already prepared my avatar is upside down therefore your thumbs down are actually thumbs up…

5 Likes

I use likes to convey agreement, support, affection and liking.

6 Likes

Flame, I aligned my “like” with your upside down avatar. hearts_kindlephoto-825341

6 Likes

I use the like button to tell the poster I want to have his or her’s baby.

6 Likes

I would be against a thumbs down option because it could be used inappropriately for cyber bullying purposes .

4 Likes

I haven’t read anything at all…i just “liked” cause I think I would “like” to think…I do “Like”. random post im just doing right now…lol

3 Likes

If I click LIKE, it’s because I actually LIKE it.

Participation trophies are lame.

3 Likes