"Likes" are more of an acknowledgement, do you agree?

psa …the almighty George burns could beat Clark garbrial in any competition… lol @anon54386108 i accidently clicked your profile…

1 Like

dude some days i dont even get the participation award…

2 Likes

For myself, I disagree a little. I like something if I thought it was a) helpful b) something that made me feel happy or made me think c) something I enjoyed but don’t have anything to add. For instance, I’ll ‘like’ poetry on here that I enjoyed reading but don’t know of anything to say to add to the conversation. I usually don’t ‘like’ something as an acknowledgement that I read it.

2 Likes

I love you guys and gals so much that I “like” everybody’s posts.

2 Likes

Clark Gable is a legend.

2 Likes

He almost missed stardom because when he was first trying to break into the business one of the heads of one of the big movie studio’s back then ejected him because his ears were too big.

1 Like

Very true.

Image result for clark gable

I was totally joking. please don’t kill me…and I misspelled his name…

1 Like

His last movie was “The Misfits” in 1961 with Marylin Monroe and Montgomery Clift. Within weeks of it’s release Clark Gable was dead, victim of a heart attack. Marilyn Monroe was dead a year later. Montgomery Cliff made it to 1966 before years of drug and alcohol abuse killed him at age 46. I like movie trivia! And incidentally I was born in 1961.

2 Likes

I think you deserve to have a flaming sword, just like the archangel Uriel. You’re THAT awesome.

:blush:

1 Like

id take the scroll… I really wanna know what’s written on it… but the flaming sword has practical uses… like marshmallows… lol… you sir are awesome too…

Yes, I agree. The like button can also mean I empathize with the person to me.

2 Likes

Yeah, you gabled his name. :smile:

2 Likes

I like posts I agree with. Sometimes it’s simply as an acknowledgement. I think 50% of my likes are because I enjoy the people posting them. I think I’m a bit wildly inconsistent with the way I like posts. Sometimes I find something extremely helpful and insightful and forget to push the heart.

I’d say that most of the likes I give to people are because I genuinely like what they posted.

2 Likes

Likes on my threads: Thank you for your time + thanks for trying + thank you for replying and so on… Oh and sometimes I really like some comments so :heart:

2 Likes

Oh and I flagged two members on my threads because I didn’t like their posts, they were mean :black_flag:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.