When will you use "Like this Post" function?

1. Acknowledge with thanks
  2. It makes sense
  3. (Something emotional) I simply love it!
  4. Support that member
  5. I am kind enough to give away (for any good reason)
  6. The fair game is, “Give and Take” (because I have enough liked posts from others)

Just curious. (apologize also for not-so-standard English)

4 Likes

I really don’t use it as much as I should, I should give people more credit. But I pretty much use it for the same reasons as you. I guess as I do it so infrequently it should be considered an honor if I’ve liked somebodies post…hehe.

On one of my other forums we even have a dislike feature, which is actually rarely used but I’ve found invaluable to keeping the trolls away, trolls who care what other people think anyway I suppose. I’m not suggesting such a feature here in any way but it is an interesting way of keeping the peace.

2 Likes

I agree with you. Use it wisely. :+1:

Sometimes there is confusion over whether to ‘like’ a post that has something sad or depressing in it. I believe that ‘liking’ a post suggests that one likes the post itself and the fact that something was shared, not that they like what happened.

1 Like

I have the same confusion, too. It might cause that member thought that I “overgloat over someone else’s misfortune".

Exactly.

When someone writes “my pet died, I’m very sad… But I’m working to get over this loss and I will get better” I do give them a “like” :heart: as a show of support. Not as a show that I’m glad their pet has passed away.

3 Likes

I also use the “Like this Post” function for something that makes me laugh out loud or that inspires me.

3 Likes

Those 3, and also if something is deeply profound, humorous, or is a sync with something I was just thinking…
I guess it will all go with support the member…but I really don’t do the just give away or give and take thing… if someone likes my post i want it to be because they like what I said for some reason and if I like someones post its because I liked it…

2 Likes

Finally, I have more likes given than likes received.

2 Likes