LATUDA how does it effect you?

Hi guys.
Today my pdoc switched me to latuda. Just wondering what were peoples experiences with this drug? Does it make you tired all the time?
Thanks guys

2 Likes

Latuda has made me more energeic, talkative, and animated.
Just remember to take it with food.

I take it in the evening, because that’s when I eat.

2 Likes

Latuda made me manic, extroverted, horny all the time, and made me feel like an Alpha male. So why am I not on it now? Basically that’s not who I am.

1 Like

It;s made me calmer but not more necessarily lethargic. I get anxious in the evenings though.

1 Like

I have no side effects from it and I am losing weight. However I am having to up the dose as I am having symptoms

My doctor said that Latuda wouldn’t be the right drug for me because it causes a lot of anxiety.
She refused to prescribe it to me.

When I started taking Latuda I attempted suicide, I had a really bad reaction to it.

None works ok been on it 2 years in December,before that 7 years on Olanzapine,controlled my weight which Olanzapine didn’t but do hear occasional voices tbh

i had serious anxiety at least a few times a week when i was on it. now the anxiety attacks are a lot less frequent now that i’m not on it any more.

I’d rather be horny all the time than asexual which seem to be a problem for people on aps

I haven’t been on it long enough to tell you how its affecting me yet. Just started it recently. No such bad side effects that I need to stop taking it yet.

1 Like

I would rather never be horny than all the time.
Before meds I’d masturbate several times a day and feel frustrated if I couldn’t.

I’m pretty asexual now, I do it maybe once a week. And since I don’t have the need anymore, it’s not really something that bothers me that much.

2 Likes

Started causing tardive dyskinesia after 6 years of use watch out it crept on Me slowly and before I knew it was pretty bad I had shaking of my ankle at night before bed it was like I was rocking myself to sleep I could not stop and then in the morning I was constantly messing with my tongue at the top of my mouth and it was annoying and I could not stop other people noticed that was at a hundred mg which had been moved or increased after 4 years that’s when they try to dyskinesia started I have since went down to 60 mg which seems to be my sweet spot I still have a little bit of the dyskinesia but very minor and not noticeable.

1 Like

I take Latuda, and aside from nausea and fatigue for a few hours after taking it, I have a little bit of Tardive Dyskinesia.
But it doesn’t effect my everyday life, so I ignore it.

Latuda has been great for me, both with positive and negative symptoms.
I almost don’t hear voices anymore either

1 Like

Latuda and Geodon both did same thing to me, incredible rage, physical strength that was way out of what I should or could be a le to do. That was 1 dose of each, I’m gonna say that’s a bad reaction from me.

1 Like

I have been on latuda s few years now.

In the beginning I got jaw clenching that really hurt and felt some hysteria etc but after a while it went away.

I get tired after I’ve taken it (with dinner) but no drama otherwise although I’ve been told I blink n look like I’m flirting etc and that I look abnormal.:open_mouth:

Welcome to the forum.:slightly_smiling_face:
I’ve not seen you around anyway.

1 Like

Latuda made me wired, agitated, manic, and anxious as HELL. So did sarcosine. Turns out they both potentiate NMDA neurotransmission. That’s why Latuda is billed as pro-cognitive. I actually landed in the ward after a few days out of it because I was started on Latuda then and it hit me like a freight train after a few days, and I made my first ever suicide attempt on sarcosine. Problem is, they both worked really well at first for my cognition and apathy and drive… maybe I just need something weaker that potentiates NMDA. I’m on Namenda rn but it’s not enough for my negative symptoms. Helps a lot with other things though. Sorry, going off topic.

1 Like

It gave me bad headaches.