Latuda causing sedation or insomnia?

Hello,

My psychiatrist is changing my medication from rexulti to latuda because rexulti wake me up at the middle of the night and I can’t sleep afterwards.

Now I began latuda and the sleeping problem is worse than with rexulti.

I don’t understand since my psychiatrist told me that latuda cause a sedation like zyprexia and because of that I have to take it in the evening (with meal).

Thanks

1 Like

When I started taking Latuda my pdoc told me it could go either way, that it sedates some people and it activates others. She said just see how it affects me and take it accordingly. I started off taking it in the morning but it made me sleepy and I would always take naps so I started taking it at night and it helps me fall asleep.

1 Like

It could be from akathisia. Do you feel restless at all during the day?

1 Like

No I don’t feel restless at all.

Sometimes these things last a few weeks and get better. I had that with Amisulpride and I have just got my sleep back after a month or so

1 Like

There may be no quick fix, I sleep 7 - 8 hours a day on Lurasidone. I have never seen it as a listed side effect.

1 Like

I’m on 120mg of latuda, and it acts more of a sedative than activator. I take it with dinner, and I’m usually asleep by 8 or 9. It has helped with my paranoia and delusions big time

1 Like

It gave me really bad insomnia. My doctor took me off it because of it.

1 Like

I have to take my Latuda right when I go to bed, after I’m very tired. If it take it in the evening or earlier in the night and don’t lay down right away, I am up for hours.

Try taking it at bedtime instead of earlier in the evening. It just means a late night snack.

1 Like