Latuda and feeling tired directly after taking it

Hi, when do you take Latuda and why? I might try taking it just after dinner because I feel so tired after taking it I go to bed. Maybe this is because I am on a high dose?

My guess is that the does level may be a bit high… and/or that your brain has not yet adjusted to the stuff. Latuda lurasidone’s approved dose range is 40 to 120 mgs, btw. See http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php?/topic/55423-latuda-sedation/ re comments from others.

2 Likes

Latuda makes me tired. I used to be on 180 mg. it even made me tired a bit on 80 mg. I’m no longer on it though, just Risperdal. My doctor might put me on Geodon in 2 weeks if my ekg comes back normal–something about qt interval. I’ll most likely quit Risperdal and be on 80 mg 2x daily.

1 Like

She doesn’t think Geodon will improve motivation and help me lose weight. But that seems to be the consensus on this forum.

2 Likes

That is one smackdown dose of lurasidone. Remind me where you live again, would you?

East of L.A. I won’t be more specific.

Ah, thanks… looks like it’s sedating on higher doses. I’m on 110mg…

If you’re in SB County and working with the public mental health system there, I feel for you. Western Riverside County isn’t much better, either. (I was in Loma Linda for quite a while; I know the lay of the mental “health” landscape out there. Feh.)

I take it after dinner usually around 6 pm. It doesn’t make me tired.

1 Like

Latuda was horrible.I took the lowest dose 40 mg and was tired throughout the day.I could barely work.I’m glad I had fmla or I would have lost my job.I kept going home because I was too tired to work.I finally got off of it and am trying out a different medicine now.

1 Like

Maybe I’m miserable because of Latuda?! :pensive:

You could have a look on treato.com a website for medication users and search Latuda in combination with depression… it should have a few reviews… Sorry to hear you are down…

2 Likes

The doc at the psych hospital put me on 80mg of Latina on top of the perturbations I was already taking. The perturbations halfway tranquilizers me so I take it in low doses all day. Latina however I started taking too close to bedtime and I slept too hard too long and had crazy lucid nightmares. My ref psych doc kept me on the same doses of everything but pushed my Latina to dinnertime. Take it with a meal. No grapefruit! I learned the hard way, never again! I also hear absolute horror stories about taking it in the AM.

1 Like

LATUDA not latina â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  spellcheck

1 Like