Latest time you can drink coffee

My mom says she can’t drink coffee past noon otherwise she’ll be awake all night. I can have it at 7-8 pm and still sleep at a decent hour. She says this happens with age. How old are you and what’s the latest time you can drink coffee and sleep normally?

1 Like

I don’t drink coffee in the afternoon anymore, I’m at two cups of coffee in the morning when I wake up and that’s it. But I can handle an afternoon espresso and sleep. If it’s about 5pm it’s okay. Later than that and it’s trouble.

1 Like

When you first quit substances,too, your body/mind is extra sensitive to caffeine. When I first started getting sober I couldn’t drink coffee past 4. If you drink alcohol that day, coffee could put you to sleep

1 Like

Didn’t think of that but that makes sense. I used to be a lot more tolerant to coffee that I am now.

Ya I’d say you’ve adjusted to your “normal” tolerance to caffeine being a year sober now though.

1 Like

That’s probably right.

I’m taking a new med now for the shakes. I’ve been shaking a lot lately, not sure if its the invega or the benzos. Another med… :weary:

Which med? It’s not neurontin or cogentin, no? I forget what benzo you’re on. Klonopin HELPS me if I get shakes which is rare because I usually take it before I get them :stuck_out_tongue:

The thing is I have anxiety mostly at night before sleep so I usually take 5mg of diazepam right before going to bed. Wake up with the shakes, have them all morning. Some class mates noticed so I want them gone.
I’m taking Inderal (Propanolol)

Sorry didn’t mean to derail the thread

1 Like

I used to be on klonopin zyprexa lithium lamictal Wellbutrin and synthroid when I first got diagnosed…taking all those pills sure we’re fun. Hardly any of them did anything for me either.

1 Like

No worries :laughing:

1 Like

So many meds!! I wasn’t given any anti depressants

Wellbutrin caused my first true psychotic episode…it made me trip BALLS. But then I was prescribed it again while I was on zyprexa…then I stopped zyprexa and had another break. ■■■■ Wellbutrin lol

Why did you stop zyprexa?

I quote myself “it doesn’t do anything!” Well it stabled me but at the time I was searching for different answers. I was 20 and wasn’t very cognizant about anything. Didn’t believe in my diagnosis. I googled zyprexa and it said “treats schizophrenia”… I was like “IM NOT SCHIZOPHRENIC” and stopped it. Took 6 hospitalization a to learn I needed meds/find a med without side effects

But you seem fine now… That’s what matters.
I hope the shakes isn’t a invega side effect, the med is doing wonders for me, would hate to switch now.

1 Like

Ya I’m doing great for the most part. If psychotic episodes really took 10 points off your iq id have a sub 70 iq…but I feel smarter and sharper than ever.

I got an 1870 on the SATs which is equivalent to ~128 iq. That was when I was 16. I got tested a few years ago 120 iq. I think I’d do better now even after 2 more hospitalizations.

Yeah I get that, I feel smarter now also

1 Like

I can not have coffee past 2 pm with my current lifestyle. I stay awake. :coffee:

1 Like

I drink coffee all the way until I go to bed at night. I drink about two pots of coffee a day. My way of staying away from diet cokes. I still have a diet coke about twice a day.