Last days of Rooroo...woke up crying

we googled her symptoms and it appears our elderly dog, Rooroo is having signs of heart failure…my wife took care of her last night…she was breathing heavily and wouldn’t stop trying to crawl in the corners of her room…she had blue, purple gums and that was what the signs of heart failure came from…she seems fine today but we are not expecting her to live much longer…sad.

2 Likes

So sorry man 15

2 Likes

Sorry man, best wishes for you and the pupper.

1 Like

thanks you guys…it’s so hard losing pets…we lost Phideaux a couple years back…the good thing is that we will still have two dogs that play together and love each other very much, so we will still miss Rooroo, but still have dogs too…I am working on accepting her fate right now…she lived a lot longer than the vet thought she would because she’s diabetic…she’s 12 going on 13. it’s just time.

Sorry about your dog @jukebox. Its always hard when this happens. I still miss my lab even though its been 4 years. Best wishes for you and your dog.

1 Like

Probably time to take to the vet for an end of life plan or action. Best to end things before a pet suffers. It’s hard, but it’s the kind thing to do.

3 Likes

I second this. The end stage of heart failure is horrible and painful.

2 Likes

I am so sorry Juke. If you are within the means please take her to the vet.

3 Likes

I agree with them, it’s time for the vet, it’ll be more painful than necessary otherwise

she’s currrently not in pain…we already decided if she does it again we will put her down…yes, I will call the vet now.

1 Like

If she is in heart failure, she’s likely in pain and not always vocalizing. Predatory animals hide their weakness instinctively.

Good luck.

Believe me, it’s painful.

she is acting like everything is ok…it’s not me, it’s my wife…she doesn’t want to face putting her down. she is severely attached to rooroo, more than me and I love her to pieces…I am hoping she comes around to seeing we should just do it.

I would be graphic with her. Does she want the pup to suffer and die horribly in pain? Or quietly cross the Rainbow Bridge?

1 Like

we checked her gums and they are pink again…she wants to wait…the dog is not suffering…first sign of it happening again and we are putting her down…she knows she is wrong…she doesn’t want to face it…I can’t be more graphic with her…and we have our vet’s cell number if we need it…sorry for the bad news…I know it’s hard.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.