Klonopin or Ativan?

I had a panic attack at work yesterday, not fun. And then to top it all off it’s like the Klonopin I took didn’t even touch my anxiety. I wonder if I should ask my Pdoc to switch to a shorter acting stronger benzo like Ativan or something. Anyone have any thoughts? I’m currently on 1mg Klonopin prn for panic

2 Likes

I take Xanax. Seems to work well for me. I have taken Klonopin before and like Xanax better. Even at a lower dose.

3 Likes

I use both of them differently, cloneazepam for if I’m low on sleep or foresee a difficult day. Ativan for if I’m in a bad spot in terms of anxiety

2 Likes

Klonopin is not great for panic attacks in my opinion.

It helps prevent panic attacks if you take it regularly, but I don’t think that’s recommended for most patients.

If it’s not working for you, you should ask for a switch.

2 Likes

I take 1mg of Klonopin a day for anxiety. It helps. :fish::fish::fish:

2 Likes

I take solian and my emergency med is benztropin. Have taken solian, benztropin, Olanzapine, saphris, Seroque, prestiq, etc. #knowYourMeds ^^ <3 ox

2 Likes

1 take 1mg of xanax twice a day every day, but can call if I need emergency PRN, or I just bust one of my pills in half and then call my pdoc and she sends a script for emergency meds. But I’ve done pretty good on the twice daily itself. But I don’t leave home alone except to go get kids a few days a week, otherwise I always have someone with me and if I get panicky they can tell and usually get me sitting somewhere and drink something.

1 Like

I use Ativan, but very little about 1 a month

1 Like

1 mg is a lot of benzos. I only take .25.

2 Likes

Is it? I take 0.5mg at noon and another 0.5mg at bedtime. :t_rex::t_rex::t_rex:

1 Like

Is 1mg a lot of Klonopin?

I take 1mg klonopin every night for anxiety. It helps a lot

1 Like

Put it under your tongue and let it dissolve. It’ll hit your bloodstream quicker is the process. It can help if your in panic mode.

Aich Kanjah Mai Infaituu - Hi how ya all doing;?;