Just got called a dick

Minding my own business going out for some milk. And some teenager called me a dick! Now im paranoid. Maybe she picked up on my nerves outside - i dunno. Or maybe she knows im from the pub - and ive fallen out with them, cos ive stopped going down cos i quit - and the landlady is pissed off losing my £150 a week down there.

And people wonder why i prefer to stay indoors!
Someone please tell me im over reacting! :frowning:

Im 44 for Gods sake - i should be able to handle a crappy comment from a snarky teenager!

5 Likes

It was probably some dumb dare to call the next person coming in a name. Kids do stuff like that . Try to let it go. That kid doesn’t know you. The kid was just being a jerk.

9 Likes

Yeah your right. Noticed ive been a bit over-sensitive latley. Thanks for rationalising it for me. I feel a bit of a prat now.

Cheers

5 Likes

I wouldn’t pay attention.
Teens can be jerks sometimes.
They don’t know who you are.

2 Likes

Could you have got it wrong
Maybe she was talking on phone hands free or maybe they said something else

1 Like

Maybe they were a local but thought you were a Butlins tourist?

1 Like

Possibly - she was glued to the phone walking past. Maybe im just paranoid.

3 Likes

It’s not just you. Teenagers can be mean

1 Like

She was probably calling her ex boyfriend a dick

@anon94176359

Yeah could be - its full of em round here at the moment. Its half the reason ive been avioding the town latley.

1 Like

If she was on the phone that is who she called a dick.

4 Likes

@anon4362788

Yeah your likely right. Hooray for Paranoia. I think i better put it down to a brain fart.

1 Like

They happen all the time those brain farts

1 Like

I would thought the same thing too, but even if it was Bi-tch, that’s kind of a good word these days.

How’s the non drinking beer going? Are you taking pills for it. I take 6 a day,
but I still struggle a lot of days. Wishing you well.

Kids can be really rude. I wouldn’t think much of it.

Teenagers are just children.
Pay them no mind.
Take it as a compliment because maybe he was saying you have a big dick. :wink:

I had kids bark at me once when I was about 16. Scarred me permanently.

Yours sounds like a coincidence since she was on her phone. I doubt it had anything to do with you. Also, no matter your age, hurtful comments are just that- hurtful.

@Naarai
I agree with what people said. Probably a teenager just playing around, not being nice.

I got called shamu by a teenager in the park last year. But I think it was in my head how would a millennial know about sham?

No way a teenage girl on a phone notices anything…your’e lucky she didn’t run into you…they hardly look up

1 Like