Just got back from the mall with my behavioral therapist

We walked around the mall twice, and we ate lunch. I was able to eat half a portion of mashed potatoes. I am really happy about that. I am starting to get better with my social phobia.

16 Likes

Nice Jake!

Thanks Bowens…15151515

1 Like

I think the normal people need therapy more than we do sometimes.

It can be very stressful what you did, so glad you have someone hands on to help you

1 Like

Thanks Joker…1515151515

That’s awesome! Honestly really proud of you

1 Like

Its nice to go outside. I went to the post office earlier.

1 Like

Here’s me at the restaurant. I look miserable, but I got through it.

9 Likes

Thanks Twialine…1515151515

I think that I would have benefited from DBT when I was a teenager, the NHS in the UK only provide DBT to patients diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, and I was never offered it because I just have a neurotic personality, but I think that DBT could have prevented me from taking the overdose that destroyed my health.

2 Likes

Sometimes I wonder if electro convulsive therapy could help me, but then I think it would probably kill massive amounts of my brain cells. I can’t be losing those. I lost enough from drinking. I have seen ECT do a LOT of good before. This guy had tried to commit suicide at the hospital, and they put him in bed in restraints for about four months. When they let him up to walk around and mingle he was barely responsive to his environment. When they gave him ect he became a totally different person - cheerful and outgoing. But then I read a few of the things he had written, it was barely coherent, if it was coherent at all. I wonder if the ECT did that to him, and if it would do the same to me.

1 Like

You DID IT, that’s what counts. You ROCK :+1:!

2 Likes

ECT does not “kill brain cells.” It can interfere with memory, but it’s usually related to the time just before and during treatment, and it’s hard to retain information for the first couple of months after. A lot of it is transient.

If anything, ECT has been shown to improve cognition, as it relieves you of all the depression, etc, that is causing memory and cognition issues in the first place.

There is some limited research that shows it can be somewhat helpful with negative symptoms, as well.

1 Like

Good going @Jake!

1 Like

That’s really good that you were able to go to the restaurant with your behavioral therapist. You don’t really look miserable in the photo. You look serious and determined.

1 Like

Great job! I’m happy for you!

Thanks Zannah…15151515

1 Like

The more I think about it, you are right. I think I look all three…

1 Like

I thought you are the one who wants to be a professional footballer?

I wish, I am too old now.