Just because of 10 minutes under the sun

I got sunburnt today. It’s the second day after the typhoon attack. There were still gusts and large clouds. So I did not bring an umbrella when I went out for lunch. But after I left the complex where I live, the sun came out of the clouds. So I was exposed to the sun for about 10 minutes because the rest of the time I was under the shade of the street trees. Then this afternoon I felt foggy and headache.

I know its the side effect of the meds.

2 Likes

I am feeling sleepy too from risperidal.If I continue to feel like that and it affect my work ,I will just use half tablet as advice by my doc

2 Likes

Antipsychotics can make you sensitive to the sun. It’s a warning with my zyprexa but don’t know the interactions or why but someone may fill us in!

I see too much sun and even in winter over here in Oz it’s brutal! I tan pretty well but still get checked out every year at least now. Mum has a serious melanoma and I’m reluctant to go out without sunblock and all the gizmo’s these days!

1 Like

Zyprexa gave me a sun rash for the first week I was on it.

1 Like

Sunlight is good for you. It gives you vitamin D.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.