Jogging? Anyone

Thinking about starting a jogging routine any advice is anyone on hear running how did you start I’m like thirty pounds overweight

3 Likes

Go to your regular doctor and check out your body and vitals then start slow.

I started walking. First goal was 10 km’s a day walking. Did that for ages before I’d jog a little bit. I took it easy but now I jog like 4 or 5 km’s. I want to push it to 10km’s and will get there.

Just 30 minutes a day of getting your heartrate up a bit is good so if you walk then do it briskly!

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice @rogueone makes me feel I can do it now

3 Likes

It takes you nothing but time but it’s so worth it for you. Just start slow and make sure your fine with your doctor. 30 minutes a day is great for you and you’ll feel the benefits. Do that and increase when your ready and set yourself reasonable goals…I wish i did it when I was 20 rather than now when I’m 50!

4 Likes

Heck yeah sounds good

1 Like

I just got back into running. Hope you enjoy it. I think it feels really good to get the heart going. I go for a six mile run now quite often. I like to run for a while to some good music and then walk a little and then start running again when I feel like it and keep alternating. Maybe the muscles will get stronger and I will start walking less.

2 Likes

You gotta start slow

1 Like

I, myself complete a daily jog in the morning on an empty stomach. I always do 1-hour’s worth of time on the treadmill and will try to improve my distance during that 1-hour. Also, listening to your favourite tunes helps pass the time as jogging for 1-hour gets boring without music. Below is all my treadmill exercises since the start of the new year. I have lost 30+ pounds since then.

2 Likes

Jogging is a great way to stay in shape. Requires less will power yo get up and do it unlike heavy lifting which one might just shirk all together because they just don’t have the energy. Anyone can walk for a couple of minutes atleast. It’s so easy it’s almost foolproof. I love jogging

1 Like

Wow @yinyang nice good job on losing the thirty pounds

2 Likes

If you’re super out of shape like me, start by walking a few minutes then jog for one minute then walk again for a few minutes. Keep doing that for 20-30 minutes. Overtime, try to jog for longer increments a little at a time

I love jogging ! But I haven’t I’ve been just walking 4 miles a day and lifting 4 days a week! Hmmm maybe I will start jogging soon

1 Like

You can also jog in front of the tv

1 Like

I prefer focusing my attention on my treadmill metrics such as calories burned, distance traveled, current heart rate and time elapsed. Jogging in front of a TV is a distraction.

1 Like

I sometimes run 10 minutes. Get your shoes and go running!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.