I've lost interest in movies

I used to love movies 10 years ago. Now everything looks boring to me. Nothing on netflix interests me. I had a look on amazon. I typed in “dvd” and sorted by customer reviews. I still wasn’t interested in anything. :movie_camera:

At least I still enjoy listening to non fiction audiobooks. Maybe I’ve just lost interest in fiction.

3 Likes

I have so many movies and I’ve not been watching them, even hard to find something on netflix I like, tried a couple but turned them off half way through. Mostly watch the news here, sort of have it on in the background, but getting tired of that to.

2 Likes

same problem iam dealing with music .

2 Likes

i stopped watching dvd and movies long ago.
news makes me a bit paranoid, so i stopped watching that too.

I hate movies. I hate fiction. Just saying.

1 Like

try watching music video …!!! i love to watch video games walk through…!! peace !!! Take care…!!

1 Like

Yeah, I might be lising interest in music too. Soundcloud has some interesting stuff though.

1 Like

when I start to lose interest in something I try to mix it up more… if fiction is boring me I watch some of those british nature shows… or a youtube ■■■■■■■ who is over dramatic play Mario maker… I was getting bored with metal so I broadened my music to include foreign folk music now I have a playlist I don’t skip anything because its so mixed up… so when at a loss mix it up like a boss…

1 Like

since psychosis - I do not watch TV Like at ALL. Rarely i see a movie - the last movie I saw was last week - it is called ‘The Promise’ it was a great movie and made me cry. But I have a problem even watching videoclips. it seems so weird and nonsense? people making up stuff?

1 Like

I have no interest in life, I want to be the protagonist in my activities and not a passive beholder.
That’s why I prefer in principle to do something like play chess to watching TV or movies or reading the paper.
I would like people to treat me better, as my situation is very difficult, I am forced to go through a life
that frankly I don’t want to live.
To tell the truth, I want my life to end but I have no choice.
My brain is messed up and I constantly get intrusive thoughts, and have no thoughts of my own.
I would eagerly expand the list of things that I do, but my capabilities are very limited.
I don’t want to live, don’t want to live, don’t want to live.
Somehow my parents are doing fine but for me I am a complete mess.

I don’t think I’ve lost interest in movies so much as I don’t have the attention span for them anymore. I can barely get through 30 minutes at most. So when I do watch movies now I tend to watch them in pieces.

1 Like

Its good that you enjoy non fiction audiobooks

3 Likes

You’re just getting old.

1 Like

Is this what getting old is? Having all of the life and happiness sucked out of you?

3 Likes

Hollywood isn’t putting out much good stuff these days. The only thing I’ve really liked over the past few years is Game of Thrones.

3 Likes