I've been counting calories for 8 days

Today I feel bad because I had a pizza… but it’s New Years Eve so I allowed it.

4 Likes

I’m veering off my diet today too because it’s a holiday.

2 Likes

Do you notice that the longer you are on your diet, the less you crave the piggy foods (It means junk food sorry I forget sometimes others won’t understand British words)?

3 Likes

Yes so true @Milly

1 Like

It’s actually surprising how fast your stomach shrinks! It’s also REALLY easy to over eat when it’s freshly shrunk.

2 Likes

I’m back to counting tomorrow :slight_smile: I haven’t lost any weight but then it’s only been 8 days so I’ll give it time.

1 Like

@Milly hey it’s a struggle and good that you are at least trying, proud of you! As Dr. Now always says you can fall off the wagon as long as you hop back on immediately!

1 Like

This is an encouraging thread. Right now I just feel the need to eat. But I guess when my stomach shrinks it will feel less urgent.

1 Like

I’m eating high calories today too. But tomorrow, I’m going back to 1200 calories because I gained a few pounds over Christmas.

1 Like

congratulations @Milly . do you use a calorie tracker or a diary?

wow @CoCo that shows motivation. 1200 is a small amount

2 Likes

I use an app called Lifesum @anon20787234

1 Like

i will check it too, i think it’s time to switch from myfitnesspall

There is a free version and a paid version.

i think i will start with the free version for now

1 Like

I find I’m fine for a few days and then the cravings hit me and my willpower vanishes. Plus I’m sitting on a basket full of Xmas chocolates and fudge.

1 Like

I’ve started using an app called “MyNetDiary” which has both a free and premium version. It lets u enter food manually and also has a barcode scanner. It counts calories and also breaks it down into carbs, fats, and protein. It also tracks sat fat, trans fat, sodium, etc. You can also document exercise, water, weight…I like it cuz it’s not overly complicated. I just started using it cuz I overate like crazy while visiting my family in Florida, and now I need to regain my self-control. Good luck to all of you in the New Year!

1 Like

@anon20787234 1200 is ok for females. My dr approved it. It’s how I originally lost 100 pounds.

2 Likes

Congrarulations on loosing 100 pounds! It is incredible to loose that much

2 Likes

How many calories do you have so far? Enough to get in Guiness yet?

1 Like

Thanks @anon20787234! It took 13 months.

2 Likes